Disfellowshipped!

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 115 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

terrible user name, the British owned The Falklands even before Argentina was formed!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Heartless b*stards, to disfellowship a pregnant woman with no husband or man to support her, and now she will even be cut off from her family. Heartless, cruel, shameful b*stards. No Christian love in that religion at all. John 13:35 is NOT fulfilled by the JW's that's for sure.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

ps - I reinstated within 9 months after being disfellowshipped so I could maintain contact with my aged mother, then immediately faded. I don't regret it at all as I did it out of love for my mother and she is so hopelessly indoctrinated I could'n't realistically expect her not to shun me. I just played the game to do what needed to be done as nothing gets in the way of me and my family.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

LMsA. Welcome to the world of the normal people. I'm happy you are out of the cult. My pastor and his wife are from Argentina. I'm in the UK.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Why try to fool your relatives wit reinstatement

the joke will be on you, when your child grow up

and decide to be a hard core witness who shuns you

Get out and be done wit it for the sake of your child

Your mother has made her choice, now it's up to you

as a mom, to make yours

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Thank you for your kind comments and advice. A lot of stuff to go through! I do detect a few negative comments directed toward my decision to try for reinstatement. It is important to place yourself into the shoes of the person who has to make and live with the decisions before passing judgment. I am at a point in my life when I need as many people to depend on as possible.

It was heavily implied that to go back would be to give support to the organization and its goals. In many instances, yes. Mine is simply temporary and for convenience. I think I made myself clear on that point. I fail to see how that gives support to this cause. I seek to beat them at their own label game and hope to come out on top. Others have suggested that this is a question of integrity, and I am somehow putting my child at risk for exposing them to Witness relatives and doctrine. I say nonsense! My child will be raised by me and with my values. It is a natural desire to have them have contact with their relatives. In my country, family is highly valued, and people are at a huge disadvantage to not have their families acknowledge them. It is a social stigma. I do not want this for my child, and I refuse to be guilted into feeling otherwise. Disfellowshipped or not, I control the level of contact. If it works or not remains to be seen.

This situation of me going back for re-instatement is not at all the best scenario for me. But I am trying to make the best of an already horrible existence. I despise this shunning policy and want to overturn it, and if I can’t do it for everyone, I can at least do it for me. It’s not being completely honest, but when I become inactive, that will be honest enough for me. I have released myself from hatred of even the people who hate me. What I want is a criminal record expungement. I hope to share with you all how the progress is going.

As far as revealing information goes, I’m disfellowshipped, so the vase is already shattered. If they find out who I am, then so be it. I’ll let fate decide that one. I doubt I’ll be found out, because most of the elders in and around my congregation are ignorant and most don’t speak English. The use of my pic and my name are my own personal middle finger to anyone who wants to spy on me.

Finally, it was rude to say that I have a terrible user name! If you want to express yourself on the Malvinas issue, then please do. “Las Malvinas son Argentinas” is a slogan in our country, a lot like “God Save The Queen”. When you enter Argentina, you see these four words along with a map of the Malvinas on a sign. Furthermore, there are a lot of silly or incomprehensible nicknames on this board. Feel free to use “The Falklands are British” if you please. I won’t say it’s terrible, even though I disagree with the sentiment. But don’t insult my choice of a username. My father was a Malvinas War veteran, and my family suffered greatly because of it. He was on the verge of mental breakdown when someone handed him a Watchtower. It saved our family, only to destroy it two years later. Now I am the latest victim. No, I don’t blame the Malvinas or the British for my problems. But for your information, the French had the first settlement, and the Spanish bought them out. The English had a short-lived settlement near the western island (Gran Malvina, not sure what it is in English) and completely disappeared before taking what Argentina had on Isla Soledad (don’t know the English term) in 1833.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I thought someone would have commented on the argy advert for the Olympics.

Here is a better version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VetuOlwcmqU

George

(You need to have seen the original to appreciate this)

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

St. George – That was funny! Who says Argentines didn't have a sense of self-depreciating humour? But for obvious reasons, I prefer our video.

Emilie

Las Malvinas son Argentinas!

• moshe
    moshe
    I am at a point in my life when I need as many people to depend on as possible.

Unfortunately, the people (JWs) you want to use to alleviate your "mistake", won't help you unless you resort to trickery, by pretending to get reinstated.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Welcome and Good Luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit