Jehovah’s Witnesses and AML

by Marvin Shilmer 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Jehovah’s Witnesses and AML

Today I uploaded a new article addressing the dilemma faced by Jehovah’s Witnesses diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia (AML), and the doctors who desperately want to provide the best medical outcome. The situation is not what Jehovah’s Witnesses are led to believe.

My article is titled Jehovah’s Witnesses and AML and is available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/05/jehovahs-witnesses-and-aml.html

Jehovah’s Witnesses faced with this serious diagnosis should not despair. They can work with competent medical providers to maintain complete confidentiality and have opportunity to accept the best medicine has to offer.

Marvin Shilmer

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I can't understand why they don't begin to fade the blood doctrine. It is not essential doctrine. They retire pyramids, 1975, so many things in their history. Why not blood? These HLC people are creepy. Would you want to be the last person who dies prematurely under the current blood doctrine?. I recall when fractions were not allowed. No blood of any kind. I wonder if the last JW who died b/c of not receiving fractions, was documented. You know, the way those last Civil War soldier dies, last WWI vet dies articles.

Sadly, the WT is poor at eternal truth. Get today's version today. Death is a very heavy price to pay for what is today's version but most likely will not tomorrow's version.

• sabastious
    sabastious

2,000 preventable deaths a year? Yikes.

-Sab

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

2,000 preventable deaths a year? Yikes.

Yes. A conservative estimate of preventable deaths in year 2011 among Jehovah’s Witnesses suffering severe anemia is right at 2,000 souls. This figure represents the number who could have lived had it not been for abiding by Watchtower’s blood doctrine.

Over the years the Watchtower organization has made lots of noise about the number of Jehovah’s Witnesses who suffered and died for their faith. That is when the issue had to do with something other than blood.

When it comes to blood the Watchtower organization is very tight lipped about the number of Witnesses who have died as a result of abiding by its blood doctrine.

At Watchtower’s Branch Office in Germany it has built and maintains a huge library devoted entirely to documenting the number of Jehovah’s Witnesses who suffered death as a result of abiding by their faith rather than giving in to Nazi Germany demands. I wonder when Watchtower will build and maintain such a library on the number who suffered death for being “faithful” to Watchtower’s blood doctrine.

Marvin Shilmer

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

As far as I know EVERY Hospital Liaison comite in the greater area where I live, was involved with at least one person who died because of the "no blood" stance of the society in the "territory" that is alotted to them. More often they had 2 or 3 people dying. Just get an idea of how many Hospital Liaison comites exist, and you get an idea of how big the casualty number must be at minimum.

Hoffnung

• JW GoneBad
  • iCeltic
    iCeltic

Incredible

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The 2,000 preventable deaths a year is just related to AML. These 2,000 yearly deaths do not include other medical issues where death could have been prevented had blood been administered; such as open heart surgery, brain surgery, pregnacy related issues and auto accidents to name just a few.

I remember a case just recently where a JW woman out in service and taking a coffee break in West Virginia was struck by an automobile while in a bakery. The report read that she died from her injuries because she refused the gift of life, ……Blood! The number of JW pre-mature deaths over the years due to WTs’ no blood policy must be well into the tens of thousands.

Talk about being blood guilty! The WTBTS has a lot to answer for!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Jesus embraced life. He made wine, danced, socialized, dined. Why would Jesus, a Jew, not want us to embrace life as a precious gift from God. This is the day the Lord has made! Marvin, I had no idea of the numbers. It is staggering. I only knew of one case. The larger picture helps.

I feel that outsiders view the blood doctrine as the craziest of Witness notions. Science knows that life is more than blood. One dies from other means than blood loss. Such an obscure OT passage, too. I thought Jesus replaced the Law.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

Historians look back on Nazi Germany and see the purple triangle for what it really represented: An oppressive regime that killed 2,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Historians will look back on Watchtower’s era and see the noblood symbol for what it really represents: An oppressive regime that killed TENS of thousands of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Symbols of death! available at: http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2012/05/symbols-of-death.html

Marvin Shilmer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit