Christian Apologists - Please Watch This and Tell Us Why it is wrong?

by cantleave 834 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Secular non-faith groups are going to have to step it up before they can speak against the faith charities. Because at least right now, someone is running these organizations and charities.....tec

I believe they have 'stepped it up' as you put it tec....that was my other point....I think that my list above supports that...that list is not complete by any means.

And I think if you collected all the money that religious organisations suck up, and put it towards charity there could be a lot more done.

• tec
    tec

Well, the two homeless shelters here are faith based. They save a lot of lives especially over the winter months. Believe me, they've got to be putting all of their recieved donations into that. Perhaps I am making the mistake I have commented that others make: going by what you have in your own area. (I do believe that the shelter for youths here is secular.)

Now to be fair, the donations probably come from atheists as well... perhaps just not atheists who refuse to have anything to do with faith based anything. But to be equally fair, donars to the above charities that you listed are from people of faith as well as non-faith. Other than the ones that state that they are specifically atheist.

I just dislike the comment that money could be better spent elsewhere. I mean, money could be better spent elsewhere than in a lot of things. So why focus on churches? At least they give something back to those in need; some more than others. As long as they're doing that, then they're doing something to help, and that is more than some people/places/organizations.

Peace,

tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Quck review: I am evil, a criminal, a believer poacher (and now Bohm is too), and thick skulled.

You seem to fall right into the predictible atheist groove of cateloging insults and using them to discredit the insulter without context. This is just like what you do with God, I see. You are not evil, I gave you a definition of evil of which you placed yourself within logically. I was actually trying to give you an out and you decided not to take it, likely to use it against me later. You are not a criminal, you are a discriminator of people of faith, I blame Bill Maher.

Lets be honest instead of bashing me, because it was never my intention to bash you, but to be honest about how I felt about the matter and your actions on this forum against believers. The endless condesending replies to people who belief in the ridiculous. Frankly I am disgusted to have ever been part of it. I will not join a gang and bully others. Did you see bohm come out of the clouds, (KAHHHHH!) when he saw a fellow atheist being bullied by a believer? He did bring up a good point however. That I cannot call witch burning morally grey while insinuating that NC is evil and I thank him for that, but I'm not going to take it all back because it came from my heart. She is not evil, she has an 8,000+ post agenda and condescends believers without knowing it. You can't change if you don't know what's wrong. I just wish that maybe she could be a smigen more tolerant to people who's beliefs are tied to their heart because of experiences. You tend to get incredibly cold, NC, when you want to be and that's not a good personality trait. I insult when I get mad, which is a bad personality trait, we all have them. We all have DNA.

Uhm----Bill Maher represents the corrupt scientific community and also the democrats, who are also atheists.

Bill Maher is a spokesperson for the scientific community not a represenative. A rep would need to be a scientist. And I never said all democrats are atheists you are misrepresenting me likely because you are not happy with what I have said to you. Democrats are the ONLY mainstream modern group who caters specifically to the atheist demographic. They are a safe haven for atheists as opposed to the Republican party which is more God centered. There is a clear war there and you are merely defending your gang.

Sab can't say for sure if it is wrong to burn witches at the stake, and thinks of it as a logical trap and a gotcha question. I refused to answer Bohm's question as to whether water was wet, because I knew he was trying to trap me and instead pointed out that water could be solid, liquid or gas. Dodge that bullet.

Once again, you are misrepresenting me to make yourself look good and be funny. Burning witches is wrong, but the blame doesn't fall on the witch burners, it falls on the culture and leaders who allow it which makes it an incredibly complex problem which is not the way anyone has presented it. They simply wanted a "yes or no" of which I didn't give them and now they are frustrated, too bad. The fact is that morality is not physical and cannot be catelogged by the scientific method. For instance, why do people generally not like eating food that is still alive? Philosophy still packs a punch and has much to offer the world. The scientific method is not a replacement for philosophy as the atheists want it so bad to be. To learn about human truth and the mind we must delve into our ancient writings and use largely philosophy to ascertain it.

Sab...I hate to see you speaking to people like that...especially since I defended you when you were being treated that way. Seeing you do it is disheartening.

So you think my analysis of NC is incorrect or just rude? She is stuck to her ways and she won't budge, that's thick headed to me. I'd call it faith, but it would make her mad. It's disheartening for me to see someone as respectable as you making a comparrison of this conversation to others where I was mercilessly attacked over and over. It's different, and if you disagree then stop defending me, it wont hurt my feelings.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think Sab is paranoid of people who might have greater knowledge than himself.

Not quite, but close. In principle I think that I should be able to explain my surroundings without being in a free culture who doesn't burn books and an education is available to me. We shouldn't need any of that for truth. We should just need God and then the rest is just profit.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab - speaking of black holes and the universe, how do you feel about the fact that the Andromeda galaxy is on a collision course with ours? What does this randomness, entropy and choas tell you?

It tells me that there's only a finite amount of time for humanity to get their collective heads out of their asses and get with it. Looks like we have a built in timetable.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I gave you a definition of evil of which you placed yourself within logically. I was actually trying to give you an out and you decided not to take it, likely to use it against me later

Why the hell would I change an opinion of mine just not to fall within YOUR definition of evil? Ooooo, cuz you threatened me with an insult? Big Deal. I get your kind of jugemental mumbo jumbo from believers all the time. I will say this. You think I didn't take your "out" so I could use it against you. You have an unreasonable opinion of Bill Maher's power. I think you are paranoid.

your actions on this forum against believers.

See this is where you lose me. DISAGREEING with believers does not count as 'actions against believers'. If you are that delicate, keep your opnions to yourself.

Did you see bohm come out of the clouds, (KAHHHHH!) when he saw a fellow atheist being bullied by a believer?

Do you mean he joined the discussion? And are you saying you were bullying me then? I mean, you did call me a lot of nasty things, and Bohm mentioned that it was distasteful, and you pretty much think I somehow tricked you into calling me those nasty things, so that I could use it against you, which is to be expected because I am evil, and can figure out how to do things like that.

Sab---I can understand why you are a believer. I can understand how you can dismiss many things and twist them around and reprocess all of your information until it fits. It's like we weren't even part of the same conversation! You called me things---and then find a way to blame me for you calling me names. I somehow forced you to do it, so I could set you up. Believe me, you were quite forthcoming with your name calling and caught me off guard quite a few times---If I was an evil genius, I couldn't have planned it better, but since I'm not, you're on your own. Why don't you take responsiblity for what you said here instead of trying to blame me and Bill Maher?

You are not reasonable. I don't think these discussions are healthy for you.

NC

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hey Sab,

Reading through these posts again, I am genuinely worried about your mental health. Have you spoken to therapist? I am being serious here.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I get your kind of jugemental mumbo jumbo from believers all the time.

A generalization and a prejudice. You are the quintessential militant atheist.

See this is where you lose me. DISAGREEING with believers does not count as 'actions against believers'. If you are that delicate, keep your opnions to yourself.

You find the very idea of a world without God refreshing and have admitted to working towards that world as an ultimate goal. This is not merely disagreeing with believers, you want them all gone! You should be more honest about your malicious thoughts towards immense groups of people.

Do you mean he joined the discussion? And are you saying you were bullying me then? I mean, you did call me a lot of nasty things, and Bohm mentioned that it was distasteful, and you pretty much think I somehow tricked you into calling me those nasty things, so that I could use it against you, which is to be expected because I am evil, and can figure out how to do things like that.

Yes, I was bullying you and I apologized for it and I will again. I am sorry for the insinuation, it was out of line. But the fact that bohm did not enter the converstation until there was an insult is telling. He was just here to attempt to make an example out of me, which is what gangs do. I am here to defend God which is what men of faith do.

I can understand why you are a believer.

And here is where a large part of the problem lies. You do not understand why I am a believer. Even as a Witness I didn't feel so strongly about defending God. I truly feel he is my father and my actions reflect the honesty in that statement. The OP misrepresents God which is the atheist's ace up their sleeves. They do have more knowledge than the averge person because they have to. Not because they are better, but because their claim is so monumental so they amass as much evidence as possible.

A good example of this is the website Skeptics Annotated Bible. The person who made that website has not a shred of intellectually honesty. He does a good job of exposing a lot of the Bible's problems, but he makes the common atheist mistake of trying to be too comprehensive which ends up merely being an agenda as opposed to something more valueable.

Reading through these posts again, I am genuinely worried about your mental health. Have you spoken to therapist? I am being serious here.

Since you don't believe in God you can't see the reasoning for the strong emotions. What if someone was slandering your father or loved one? Would you not come to their defense even if it meant people might think you are crazy? I wouldn't expect an atheist to understand. Your opinion on my mind is worthless to me.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Why don't you take responsiblity for what you said here instead of trying to blame me and Bill Maher? You are not reasonable. I don't think these discussions are healthy for you.

I take responsibility for my actions and I attribute my strong emotions to the defense of a loved one (God). You on the other hand need to take responsibility for your prejudice and unfounded superior attitudes towards large groups of people. I don't believe I am better than anyone, you do, and you use evidence to support that I simply support the idea of the existence of my creator. For someone who is a proponent of intellectual honesty you sure are completely unaware of the gravity of your world view and it's effects on the thoughts and emotions of others who hold what you hate true to their heart.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You find the very idea of a world without God refreshing and have admitted to working towards that world as an ultimate goal.

Indeed I do---through reason. Why is this threatening to you? Do not missionaries and preachers work toward a world that they find refreshing: everyone believing? I wouldn't force anyone to do things my way---shall we look at the history of religion in this area? I DO NOT want believers 'gone' because as usual you are using violent rhetoric and this somehow suggests that I would 'remove' believers. Stop being hyperbolic. My goal is to just use reason, protect education, and if some believers can be convinced to look at things a new way--they technically are not GONE, but don't believe anymore.

Yes, I was bullying you and I apologize for it and I will again. I am sorry for the insinuation, it was out of line. But the fact that bohm did not enter the converstation until there was an insult is telling. He was just here to attempt to make an example out of me, which is what gangs do. I am here to defend God which is what men of faith do.

SO--by your reasoning, you WERE bullying me, and someone stepped up and said it was not nice, and that is gang activity? What is the opposite of gang activity? To stand by silently and say nothing while witnessing bullying? You are not reasonable Sab. Are you doing okay? You really do seem paranoid to me. And for the record----if you were bullying me---it wasn't working. I didn't care, but found it amusing.

I know I am an evil atheist, but I would be irresponsible if I didn't say that you seem to be processing information in a somewhat disturbing way. I see a lot of paranoia. It's kind of over-the-top at times. Like the idea that I somehow forced you to insult me so that I could later use it against you. I do let you talk, that if for sure, but forcing you to insult me? That's reaching a bit. Your odd persecution complex is disturbing too. If I voice my opinion and disagree, suddenly I'm trying to remove believers. This is not balanced.

I don't know if you are getting help, but you could consider it. I almost never say things like this, and I'm not one to call believers delusional or stupid, or whatever----but Sab, there does seem to be something going on here. I am NOT blaming your belief on mental illness or anything like that---but you have said some disturbing things and I hope you reach out for some help.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit