Questions for Thinkers, Part Deux

by SweetBabyCheezits 111 Replies latest social humour

• zoiks
    zoiks
    Nod to Zoiks. Again.

You rang?

Fun thread, SBC. I remember seeing this email and enjoying it immensely. It's funny, some apologists have complained that skeptics keep harping on the same issues with the bible. To me, it speaks to the fact that these issues can not be explained away while maintaining the position that the bible is the inerrant word of god. As long as the bible is used to prop up certain views, those uncomfortable and nasty parts of the bible will be there for skeptics to point to.

Indeed, the word of god is unchanging...since, you know, they finished writing it a long time ago.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    NDrew , I am Jesus Christ. I've been trying to contact you for a while now.

I am not an idiot. Their believing that I am is inaccurate.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Zoiks speaketh the truth. The unchanging word of Gourd is unchanging.

NDrew: I am not an idiot. Their believing that I am is inaccurate.

What's so wrong with believing things that are inaccurate? Who needs to burden themselves with facts when they can just believe?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    What's so wrong with believing things that are inaccurate?

I have to assume that question is for me, is not rhetorical and that our lovely friends on JWN might consider me doodooo if I might not answer it. On the other hand it has come to my attention that when I do answer questions it gets me in trouble. How to choose? Doodoo or trouble?

I choose trouble.

Knowledge imo is a building. Sort of but not really. So to add to the buliding inaccuracies is not so good for the finished product.

• N.drew
    N.drew

Hitting head against the desk. Not really, just pretending I am.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Great illustration. Does your "knowledge building" have an elevator, Nance? How about a fire escape? Covered parking?

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Great illustration. Does your "knowledge building" have an elevator, Nance ? How about a fire escape? Covered parking?

OK see? I'm not the only one who does that.

Seeing all those words in a line I have to conclude the compliment is sarcasm like the rest of the post. I think there is no other way to look at it, is there?

Elevator

He then added, "I tell you the truth, you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man." John 1:51

Yes, there is an elevator CHECK

Fire escape

But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. Revelation 19:20

Them putting faith in God will NOT be thrown into it. I'm assuming they won't be

Yes, there is a fire escape CHECK

Covered parking. The next post is just for fun, OK?

It will be a shelter and shade from the heat of the day, and a refuge and hiding place from the storm and rain. Isaiah 4:6

Covered parking I guess so! CHECK!

• unshackled
    unshackled

More importantly, does this "knowledge building" have insurance that covers acts of God?

This thread (and many others) reminds me of this Bruce Lee quote. Out of context, but it can apply to believers slipperiness when questioned about their beliefs:

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

Good advice, though some whiskey in that water would be better.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Be water my friend.

To be water is the best way to think of it I'm sure. Water is needed first of all. It is refreshing. And our bodies are mostly water, so I have heard.

Water is simple and good.

Inaccuracies are neither simple nor good.

Much better shackled!

You get an A. Really, I'm not kidding.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Thank you, Nancy, for demonstrating Shack's point in your follow-up post.

The real question that needs to be addressed here: Is your water properly chlorinated? And even if it is, how is the plumbing in your "knowledge building"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit