guilt tripping isn't working!

by thecrushed 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I never thought about using Captain Kirk to bring down the WTB&TS. Genious!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

JWs have told that I'm not really happy but that Satan has fooled me into believing that I'm happy. And I've gotten the "blessed by Satan" comment as well followed by "once he uses you up, you are going to come running back to Jehovah but it will be too late."

There you have it, you can only be happy if you are a JW.

• jgnat
    jgnat

From past experience, congregation members no longer ask me what I thought of the meeting. Now I am asked, "Wasn't that a lovely meeting?" Tey re desperate to get a programmed response.

The memorial before last hubby begged me to give him some little morsel to share with the brothers and sisters. At that point they would take any crumb that I might be warming up to them. I told him, "It was pretty much the same as last year."

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, yeah. Another great comeback line - looking sternly I ask, "Do you really want to know?" The double benefit of this is a true-blue cultist will back off. They don't want to know.

A board member used this on her aunt, and she truly DID want to know. By admitting genuine interest, the natural person is engaged. The aunt and the fading witness had a good conversation.

• blondie
    blondie

wha happened, when I was seriously ill, my husband would be used as a postman to bring back "encouraging" messages. It just irritated him, he'd say, "why don't you call her, you have a phone, right?" Then he asked if anyone called.........never. It was all a front. He would tell them he would give them our phone number and they would scurry away. But if he told them I had some money to give them.......

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

thecrushed, They have their nerve showing up at your place of employment. Do you think you could mention to them that your employer is none too pleased, and they are putting your job at risk?

• jam
    jam

My JW elder brother call my sister(who has never been A JW)

to see how I am doing. She tells him, your brother(me) is

learning to play the Guitar, he learning Spanish, plays golf,

he and his wife are great togather, and he is financially secured.

I think he is doing well. He can not comprehend, you see I call her

my wife but we are not legally married(togather for 17yrs.) So in

my brother mind, no way I am suppose to be happy, living A life

of sin. It,s so great to be free.

• cult classic
    cult classic

My family tells me over and over about how so and so asked about us. They always say, "They're doing good." The "friends" usually respond, "No, we mean how are they doing spiritually?"

When they tell them we're fine, they just say "Really?" My fam finally started to get a big kick out of the whole line of questioning.

• zeb
    zeb

re 'wha happened' 26/4 12.

I was seriously injured. No one came near didint wish them to anyway. Wifes anti social attitude is suffice to scare people off but.. I eventually got back to the KH. "Oh we have been thinking about you" from one sister.

' thats nice' i gave back.

• ssn587
    ssn587

Juba and their false care and love is enough to make a person hurl. they are so fake, when I lost my spouse they weren't supportive as a group a few came by but after the funeral (their version of one) no one comes around I guess I must have passed away too. They are such assholes when it comes to showing true care and concern. It had been 7 months since anyone had come by and then it was only to drop off an invitation to the reject jesus party, told them they wouldn't be seeing me. I will never ever step foot in that hall or any other one again. they can all just piss off as far as I am concerned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit