2005 - The year the Society began its decline (without anyone noticing)!

by cedars 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sir82
    sir82

I see a couple of factors contributing to the malaise:

1) No original or creative thinkers at Bethel. Advancement is determined by how well a person "obeys"...eventually he makes it to the top, and hey wait a minute! There's no one left to obey! Leadership skills are not taught or developed.

2) They could pull in outside consultants to guide them, and some posters have intimated they have done so. But if they make obvious changes to ensure the coropration's long-term survival, that undercuts one of their primary motivating factors for the R&F: "Get busy because the end is coming soon!". If the R&F see the Watchtower planning for 50 years in the future, their own zeal & urgency with be even further dampened.

I expect the numbers to continue to grow for several years at least. However, they are running out of expenses to cut and still be viable. They will get a pretty big cash infusion when they sell off all their Brooklyn properties, which cash will last them probably another decade or 2. But after that, what?

The cynical side of me says the current GB don't much care, as they will be dead & gone by then, and the problem will be someone else's. They're just interested in maintaining the status quo, while feeding their addiction for power & prestige.

The more practical side of me says they're just a bunch of clueless dolts who are so isolated from the real world, and so devoid of critical thinking skills, that they are just treading water & hoping "Jehovah" jumps in to save them by starting Armageddon.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Let's celebrate! Half of the watchtower is going away...Yay!

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

I hope Im still around when this ship finally sails!

In the meantime, it warms the cockles of my heart to hope that one day there could be more of "us" than "them"

I wonder what will happen to the millions of pounds they have though?

• uninformed
  • cedars
    cedars

Hi uninformed - please press the "compatibility view" button in your address bar and try re-posting (it looks like a page with a crack through the middle).

Cedars

• uninformed
    uninformed

Testing: tried the compatibility route, then loaded firefox. If this works I will make my post. Thanks Cedars.

• cedars
    cedars

Glad you're up and running uninformed, I'm looking forward to hearing your comment. Way too many get put off from posting when their comments disappear due to browser issues. It can be very frustrating.

Cedars

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

• downsizing printing operations
    • selling buildings they obtained through donations and build with free labor
    • eliminating missionaries and separating themselves from r&f

Are these signs of society in decline or business looking towards the future? Are they in need of cash or are they re-investing in other assets that will be more profitable in the future? We don't know who really is in charge of the corporation, who is making the money from it, is it the firms that do accounting and the legal firms? Is it few men away from the spot light? GB isn't, and they're not even in charge of the business anymore.

If this was a legitimate religion then we may speculate that they are using the funds from downsizing towards running the religion which would suggest a decline. If it's a business as it appears, then the changes may be simply to maximize profits. As a business they can see their old ways are dying, the members will decline in the near future, the internet is a huge problem for them as they can no longer hide their scandals, their flip flops in doctrine and their abuse of power. If the forecast is for smaller revenue, they are planning ahead of time to invest in assets that will bring in better returns ahead of the decline.

What doctrinal changes can they make to eliminate the wave for disappointed jws from leaving in the years ahead? Generation means nothing anymore, 2014 will come and go and no end. Older ones are retiring with not much to show for, and the ones who are middle age have acquired nothing and will retire in poverty all thanks to the imminent end and no education. The best ones off are the old ones that are dying off now because as they were slaving for their masters, education wasn't all that important but in today's changed world, the young ones will have nothing without any education while trying to slave for wts. The real members decline is just ahead of us, so the operational changes taking place today, maybe business actions due to what they foresee taking place few years from now and not because their decline has began.

• uninformed
    uninformed

I am 66 years old, was baptized in 1961. Went to prison over the neutrality issue in 1966. In prison, we used to keep track of study time and award pioneer status, special pioneer status and missionary status to the amount of time we spent studying the WT pubs.

Sadly, I maintained a monthly study habit of 150 hours for a year or more. I really bought in to the WT during that sad time in my life. I had stupidly passed up a Coast Guard Academy appointment and scholarship along with other scholarships in order to go to prison.

Any, to my view of when the WT began its decline.

During the run up to 1975, I was NOT a 75'er. I rather took the Bible view that no one knew. However, I did hold the WT responsible for the 75 teaching, especially as they presented in on pages 20-30 in the Life Everlasting Book, and on the chart. So, when 75 came and went, I fully expected a serious apology on their part for the damage they no doubt did during the previous "90 MONTHS---(remember?)". I was more than disappointed during the 6 years following 75 until the did apologize in ONE SENTENCE IN 1981 in the summer WT that had the district assembly review.

By then, I was still a confirmed JW but developing strong doubts about the WT being in constant contact with Jehovah. I was not aware of the apostasy at the top during that time, but I did become aware of the CONSTANT USE OF THE TERM "FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE" as they were trying to defer our obedience to the Bible and Jehovah to the organization.

THAT IS WHEN I BEGAN PERSONALLY TO SEE THE DECLINE OF THE WT. I saw them as USURPING the authority of God and Jesus and taking that authority to themselves.

However, being a totally invested idiot, I just sat on the side thinking Jehovah would fix it. By 1995 when the generation teaching changed, I KNEW it was finally over, but still did not have the courage to leave. Rather, I developed what turned out to be a fairly common theory that the faithful and discreet slave and the evil slave were operating at the same time. I would see one WT article as written by the faithful slave and then figure that the evil slave may have written another. Kind of childish now as I look back, but at the time it was this gymnastics of my mind that was permitting me to deal with the 'dissonance' that I was perceiving.

Additionally, in 1997 there was a WT article that asked the question, "Is there corruption in God's Organization? Yes. Is it RIDDLED with corruption? No. Will Jehovah (paraphrase) reject this organization as his spokesman? JEHOVAH WOULD NEVER DO THAT.

When I read that, I turned to my wife of 30 years and said, "it is finished", somewhat alluding to Jesus last words.

However, continuing my mental inablilty to take a stand against them, I simply resigned as an elder a couple of years later and decided to wait it out on the 'sidelines' so to speak.

The final straw came in 2004 when the news of the WT adulterous involvement with the UN. (Hence the name UN informed). I began to write letters to the WT (which you can read on the internet by searching, brant jones, watchtower) and discovered that despite my 45 years of service, over 30 as an elder, many as a pioneer, and as a father that sent to sons to Bethel and myself going about 10 times a temporary construction worker, and despite donating time money and equitpment to work on Quick builds--(150)---DESPITE ALL THAT, the WT did not give a shit that they violated their own neutrality policy that sent me to prison and therefore pretty much blunted my life potential.

But gratefully, that was the last straw. I quit going in 2005, and in 2006 they hunted me up and wanted to have a judicial meeting. I told them that I would attend as soon as they put the charges in writing. They declined, and after me telling them by phone to "get what you are going to do done more quickly" (to quote Jesus to Judas), they disfellowshipped me and my wife.

THAT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE.

We are very happy now, celebrating our 7th year out from under their filthy clutches. I have three of my kids out of the org with us, one, who is obviously insane is still in. He hasn't spoken to us in years. What a chump. I hope deeply in my heart that whatever holds him to that vile place will lose its grip.

So to summarize:

1975--the beginning of the decline

1980's--the decline away from Jehovah and Jesus to a Man made organization

1990's--the rejection of long held teachings that gave them the identity that they held sacred. Their secret sex party with the UN.

2000's--the exposure and the rapid decline

Thanks for reading.

Brant Jones

• anezthy
    anezthy

Wasn't the branch in Spain sold because the Spanish government insisted that the society provide it's "Volunteer's" with some kind of pension fund? I think I read this info either in Freeminds or JWN. They sold the branch using the condolidation excuse, took all of the monies that were donated by the Spanish people and booted everyone out. After they finish the fire sales, we will go to attend a meeting and find a For Sale sign outside our KH an with a big footnote: "Sorry, no longer in business....That's All Sucker's". Ahhh... true Christian love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit