An Icon has passed away.....

by wha happened? 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• wha happened?
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

RIP DC

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Yes, how sad. We watched him every day after school begining in 1957. Then also every NYE. Part of our lives is gone.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Ah, my youth! I can vividly recall his Dr. Pepper commercialls on American Bandstand. He resembled The Picture of Dorian Grey - eternally youthful. Ryan Seacrest is a poor substitute, IMO.

He always looked so straight and square compared to the musical acts and the teenage dancers.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

My divorce attorney was a AB dancer in the late 70's

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

These deaths come in threes. I am guessing Robin Gibb will one of the three.

• designs
    designs

Lot of good memories coming home from school and watching the American Band Stand.

• moshe
    moshe

I remember watching that show , too. I try to keep a young attitude like Dick Clark did, but it's hard when the guys on the job call you "grandpa"- uh, what was I getting ready to do next?

• steve2
    steve2

Bandstand predated television in New Zealand (we first got TV around 1960), but he was relatively well-known in this country for helping popularize "rock and roll". He certainly was an icon and will be missed. In physical appearance, he reminded me of Pat Boone.

• Dagney
    Dagney

A legend and pioneer in the music and media business. Think of all the musicians he helped along the way...

RIP Dick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit