People leave the Org but don't drop the doctrine?

by Momma-Tossed-Me 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

That sounds like most everyone around here!!! I feel like I am the only one in my state or town that has actually care to look in deeper... they are all afraid or could care less (family, few non baptised friends, exjw friends i bump into, etc)... I guess they don't see the connection to their behavior linking to why or what makes us think the way we do (god, other religions, paradise on earth, holidays, paganism, etc.).

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Leavingwt says,

Throw a dart at an organization chart of religions and pick any of them. Chances are, the food and music will be much better.

That will be their downfall... their total and utter selfishness and lack of compassion for individuals. That's why groups like Mormons are here to stay, and Scientology is doomed.

Randy

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I never could understand the people ,whom I would sometimes know , who had lapsed....these would say, "I know that it is the truth, brother but......."

Hell! if you know that something is the truth then nothing should stop you pursuing it.. I stopped and most of us stopped only because the penny dropped and we knew that it was not "The Truth"

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

WOW Randy's expose on Fredy Franz is a compelling shocker.

I have been an apostate activist for 25 years read everything and Randy today blew me away.....

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Dogpatch said, ....'As investingation continues Franz may have been far worse'...

That's exactly what I have come to the conclusion from my a reletively short time reserch. It looks like Knorr was a more business man but Fred Franz was a true cult leader who is behind most of the WT$ doctrin even from the Rutherford reign.

Freddie makes Jim Jones look like a Junior High.

What really frighten me is the current GB. Everything that come out of their publications, talks, letters, elders book, new polices, etc. are bad to worse. These guys make Freddie a Junior High in my opinion.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

LWT: Some people have left their cage, but not the zoo.

Nice quote!

I often think since I've left and had time to reflect on all the errors, lies and false doctrines of the WTBTS that I don't know what I believe any more. I was in my early 20s when I became a JW. They are very good at getting a person to see the lies and errors of other religions/belief systems, so when you realize that the WT is just as full of it, you're left with nothing ... or at least very little.

I've noted that some just seem to give up and discard everything they ever believed, others jump to another ship (another religion or belief system) because they have a need that must be fulfilled. But in my case, I simply feel a bit like a lost wanderer trying to figure out where I am and what I believe.

After 2 1/2 decades of being absolutely sure that what I knew was correct, no I find that I'm not sure about too many things (of a religious/spiritual nature) any more. Additionally I have major trust issues with other people.

What a messed up religion!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

We are crushed 00DAD... just trying to pick up the peices and make sense of it all. ;)

I totally with ya on that one (your whole statement).

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Thanks, Butterflyleia85.

Isn't it sadly ironic. When I needed the help, love and compassion of the members of my congregation--a place I'd been in for 15 years--all I got was the boot and then to be shunned.

I find more, way more, love, compassion, understanding and genuine help here on a supposed "apostate" website. My neighbors and workmates are more caring and concerned than the elders in the hall I used to attend. They should be ashamed of themselves, I know I am.

• minimus
    minimus

I don't believe in hellfire or the trinity.

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

Yeah 00DAD... I 'was' in the same boat (or 'am', depending how you wanna look at it). :( It is sad and I feel ashamed now I was even part of all that, I was one of them at one point. All I can say is I'm different now and am alot happier... I found people who genually care too, and I have to thank the people (JWN) here too!

...totally with ya on that one again. ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit