by Chariklo 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Can anyone explain to me just how and why the JW's confidently believe that Jesus came and "inspected" all the other religions and found every one lacking and failing his expectations except the little group of Bible students who went on to become the JW's?

This is the biggest gap between history, logic and common sense and WT belief, to me. More ludicrous than all the propehecies put together.

I'd be really interested to know all the different strands of this. So many JW's proclaim it, and I've had elders etc describe it to me almost challengingly, as though they are fixing me with their eyes and daring me to disapgree with it.

Back then, I was a total wimp, and kind of gulped and said weakly "Yes, I know."

So, I can work out that Rutherford or someone invented this doctrine. But why and how do they all believe it?

• Alfred
  • transhuman68
    transhuman68

LOL, or this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/133349/1/How-does-1914-31-2-3d-1919

It's just leftover doctrine from a time when Rutherford was a legend in his own mind.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

The best i've heard from a witness is (after I pointed out how many doctrines were wrong when christ inspected....and that prophecies that would later fail were being spouted at that time)

"that may be true but we know that Jehovah's organization is progressive (insert Prov 4:18). Evidently at the time of Christ's inspection....Jesus was only concerned that the bible students have THESE particular doctrinal points correct (insert immortality of the soul, trinity). The rest would be released progressively"

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Nothing more than self marketing for the WTS.

Then again what major religious organization doesn't say its been specifically chosen by god.

Its was an act to solidify the membership of the IBSA, an expression of purposed viability.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Thanks a lot, everyone.

You see, to me, the very idea of Jesus actually inspected everything is utterly ludicrous. Completely beyond all common sense.

But it's late and words fail me right now.

Thanks again though.

• irondork
    irondork

tag

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I doubt Jesus would choose a group of malignly dumb and incompetent theologians, which made up the leaders of the Watchtower Publishing company,

and still makes up the leaders of this organization today.

Jesus isn't into commercial publishing, never was.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Why? While most JWs don't really think of 1919 much and I doubt most even know the formula to get there, the date serves as something that reassures JWs that their leadership is special. They had to be chosen, otherwise their crazy shit just wouldn't make sense. How could someone put trust in a group of men if they weren't guided and directed by God?

Since JWs are programmed to trust only wts, it's easy for them to buy into this idea especially since no other group of men on earth taught what Bible Students did regarding trinity, soul and hellfire. Right? Or should we say, so they think.

I don't remember when this crap had began to be taught and in what form since there was no gb prior to the 70s and until '43 official doctrine was that Jesus returned in 1874. Also some scriptures are used to mean literal numbers and some as figurative, in other words wts pulled shit out of their ass and made it fit so the result was 1919. From the fall of 1914 they use the Rev11:3 to represent 1260 days or 3.5 years which takes them to early 1918 where they claim the 2 witnesses were killed. This supposed to represent Rutherford and the gang going off to prison and the next set of numbers from Rev 11:11 had to obviously be symbolic, meaning a short time. So after Rutherford got out of jail, this had to be the time when Jesus chose them. I think that's how this goes but I can't believe that I accepted this nonsense for so long, while really never thinking too deeply on this very thing.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It's just leftover doctrine from a time when Rutherford was a legend in his own mind.

I agree. Rutherford wanted to claim the power for himself, and so made the inspection during his reign, rather than under Russell, increasing his own prominence. It would have made far more sense to say that the inspection was under Russell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit