Breaking the Watchtower into Two Opossing Camps, Possible?

by Scott77 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Possibly, but no signs of that.

Yet.

THE original GB has, like Knorr did in 1977, castrated the new GB purposely to prevent that. This modern GB is even uglier and less intelligent. FRESH BLOOD and NEW MEAT is the rule of the day!

Randy

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It has already split.

The faithful on one side, ex-members on the other, and millions caught in middle by the WT's shunning rules.

My thoughts exactly.

Doc

• HayDay
    HayDay

I would have thought splinter groups would have formed by now over the 'no blood' issue. You'd think some kind of alpha power trip elder would have splintered as he watched his wife or child die from medical issues. The blood doctrine is morphing at a slow pace but it has taken many innocent victims in its wake.

Maybe this Californa KH property scandal will be a catalyst? Anyways, something has to be a catalyst and someones got to at least get a few Kingdom Halls to stand together.

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

Thetrueone said:

but also one breakaway group or groups claiming a stake on all those assets of the Watchtower.

Highly unlikely Scott77 since there is an established board of directors appointed to the WTS. Corporation, even if it is

recognized as non-profit organization. So even if a couple of the GB members wanted to depart with the organization and take some

of the assets with them they couldn't do it.

Thetrueone,

What makes it so unlikley? This is esentially what happend in Menlo Park. The Menlo Park Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, Inc. had an established board of directors apointed by the baptized publishers of the Menlo Park congregation. Then a group of elders from the Redwood City Congregation created a coporation called "the English Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, Menlo Park California Inc." Came to the MP Hall, changed the locks, told the Origional Board Members that they were kicked out, and then fradulently changed the Corporate name from the origional, to the new one. Following that, the RWC elders put their name on the MP Congregations assets. All of that is not legal under California Coporate Code which is what governed the origional coporation since the origional coporation had no corporate bylaws, but that didn't stop them.

What is to stop me, and two other people from creating a coporation called "The American Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society" apointing myself as CEO and kicking all thouse jokers out????? (I mean aside from lack money to bribe the Judges.)

D_F

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

HayDay said:

I would have thought splinter groups would have formed by now over the 'no blood' issue.

HayDay,

The blood Issue is one of the reasons that the Bonam Texas Cong. wanted to split off.

D_F

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

actually if you think about it, they are all ready split:

Two Corporations

For clarity, here are some details worthy of note about these corporations that use the name Watch Tower or Watchtower which represent Jehovah’s Witnesses interests.

• Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc.

Originally established in 1884 under the name Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society. In 1896 the name was changed to Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society. Since 1955, it has been known as Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc.

• Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

Previously known as Peoples Pulpit Association of New York, formed in 1909. In 1939, the name, Peoples Pulpit Association, was changed to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, Inc. Since 1956 it has been known as Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.

(There is also) this corporation is Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, Inc., which now oversees the preaching work of Jehovah’s Witnesses in the US, Bermuda and the Turks and Caicos Islands. In other words, this legal entity was established to organize and administer congregational affairs of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

This taken from: http://www.freeminds.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=637:watch-tower-or-watchtower-which-is-it&catid=70:musings-of-barbara-anderson&Itemid=592

D_F

• Frozenout
    Frozenout

It can only happen if the governing body splits. Only way.

• DT
    DT

As some have already mentioned, the Watchtower Society has already split into a large number of corporations. They are working together for the moment, but it wouldn't take much for some to decide to leave and possibly take significant assets with them.

The governing body has done much to try to distance themselves from this corporate structure. I could see a coup taking place where the governing body is forcibly removed and made the scapegoat for the policies that expose the organization to legal liability. Their efforts to shield themselves from liability might actually make them powerless to stop this kind of rebellion once it starts.

If some kind of split takes place, then there is the question of whether one or both groups would seek help from the courts. They might actually prefer to lose some assets then to allow their dirty secrets to come out in court. I could see court involvement leading to information being uncovered that could lead to massive lawsuits or even jail time for some Watchtower officials.

• Scott77
    Scott77

How about an insider with the full knowledge of Watchtower finances? Then that guy teaming up with Some watchtower lawyers and perhaps with bethelites for a claim of partial ownership, things like that. I think, the chance of this scanario breaking out could be very interesting to watch.

Scott77

• Scott77
    Scott77

1914 has become a proverbial dragging anchor for the organization which eventually they will be forced to take an axe and give it a chop.

thetrueone

I thought that was a good point especially the reference to 1914. However, I am unsure how big such an impact will be now that we are 'deep into the end of the world' from WTS perspective.

Scott77

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit