First Aid @ the D.C.s -- could direction from Society cause them a lawsuit?

by tresdecu 29 Replies latest jw friends

• just Ron
    just Ron

They are so scared of the fake slip and fall clame that they are willing to put people with real emergencys at risk.

• jemba
    jemba

Im sure theyve covered their butts anyway with lots of liability insurance for the not so spiritual ones that could sue!

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

sorry whahappened didn't have a scan. Was only going from memory. ex360shipper provided a direct quote though: Accidents and Emergencies: If a medical emergency arises at the convention site, please contact a nearby attendant, who will immediately notify First Aid so that our qualified first-aid personnel on-site can assess the seriousness of the situation and render assistance. If it is necessary, our first-aid personnel will call 911. This will prevent emergency-response services from receiving many cell-phone calls over minor matters. key words: "medical emergency..........please contact a nearby attendant". "our first-aid personnel will call 911." (not you scumbag!!!) Just seems like a huge lawsuit waiting to happen. Thanks for all your posts to back me up ;-)

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    oh boo hoo so 3 paramedics show up instead of one

I doubt that would even happen. 911 might get multiple calls for the same emergency, but they would only send one ambulance.

• tresdecu
  • tresdecu
    tresdecu

Darn forgot to hit the compatibility button...

anyway just bumping for any lawyers that may be on the board who want to comment on the possibility of a lawsuit.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"Qualified" personnel to assess the situation?

Some yoof with a bit of first aid training? QUALIFIED? In the seconds that windowwashing oaf takes hemming a ha-ing somebody could die - like a diabetic collapsed from a hypo, or a stroke.

What a blessing to be kept up to speed wtih jehoobies chariot.

HB

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

yeah...exactly! The more I think about it the angrier I get. Imagine some poor old 'sister' who wasted her life in this religion...only to have a heart attack in front of "brothers" (with cell phones) only to shout to the nearest attendant to call first aid. What a complete joke. How about trust grown adults to make a judgement call, on when and when not to use the 911 system...

I say this knowing full well there are plenty of good dubs who would ignore the written mandate and call 911 themselves....but still, a lot of boneheads too, who would spend the extra 15 min going through the "proper chanels"

I was an EMT ages ago and still remember the basics...extra time can easily mean death reg. heart attacks and strokes. If something ever happened to any of my relatives because of this scenario I would definately sue.

• linuxbob
    linuxbob

tresdecu,

I think we should hook up the AED to the dub attendant, then insert the red override cartridge and juice him with about 100 joules.

That would be fun.

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

One assembly I was at, a first aider called an ambulance that was sent from the hospital. There was an ambulance on standby at the venue that could have been used. That first aider got a stern talking to from both JWs and the medical staff!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit