First Aid @ the D.C.s -- could direction from Society cause them a lawsuit?

by tresdecu 29 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

I posted about something similar 3 years ago when I first joined. Even though my attendance hasn't been great the last year or so, I was asked to help my bro in law in first aid this year at the convention.

To make a long story short, the society has printed instructions for attendants to NOT cal 911 for an emergency. They are supposed to call attendants first.

If a heart attack or strock patient died because, the bystander did not call 911 could the society be liable??

• designs
    designs

Now that you've brought it up and with the Wt. company lurkers they can kiss First Aid good bye.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well the instructions will be burned, because they made themselves liable with that written direction. Wanna scan and post those instructions?

• 2tone
    2tone

They would be liable 110%.

• baltar447
    baltar447

What posseses them to give this kind of assinine direction?

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

If I am not mistaken, they print this in the KM as well. I have always thought this was stupid myself. If I see someone get seriously hurt, particularly if it looks like a stroke or something I know that seconds matter and I am not going to wonder around looking for first aid to see if they have a $%#ing band-aid. I'm gonna call 911.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

If I saw someone having serious trouble, or get hurt, I'd be the first one to dial 911; when someone is having any sort of major medical issue seconds, not minutes, matter.

And yes I think it will only take one small problem to toss these poor instructions right out the window; they are liable if someone does not get the medical care needed because attendees were told (directly by mother) not to call 911 and seek immediate help.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

anyone have a scan?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

What posseses them to give this kind of assinine direction?

ahhhh GOd talks to them.... remember?

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Right, I think I remember hearing about this. They didn't want too many people calling 911, and sometimes an ambulance was called that wasn't needed and it was an expense. If they are so concerned about money, they should have properly trained First Aid attendants there, not trainees.

I know 3 brothers who were Ambulance attendants by profession, and because they weren't "spiritual enough," they were not asked to be first aid attendants at the conventions. They even offered and were declined. Instead, young JWs with little experience were in charge. I remember going to the First Aid section and got a deer in headlights response from the young adults working there.

Fortunately, I think family members of someone in a medical emergency would call 911 instead of relying on the attendants...at least I hope so!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit