My son was murdered today

by truman 322 Replies latest jw experiences

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

Unbelievable. prayers and positive thoughts just sent your way. I hope that the peace that will eventually come following such a tragic event comes swiftly for you and your family. Gone but never forgotten.....

MTM

• nugget
    nugget

I am so sorry, to loose a loved one in this way is so painful. The waste of a good man is a tragedy asking for support is the right thing to do. Post counts are irrelevant in a situation such as this your pain counts for much more.

• truman
    truman

I so appreciate the support here from all of you. As bad as yesterday was, today seems worse, maybe because the numbness from the shock is wearing off, and I know that every day for the rest of my life I will wake up to a world without Glendon in it.

Thank you, Gayle for this : "Your son had unconditional love for you and was true to that love. He obviously had respect for you and trueness in his heart" That is what I will cling to. His love for me was able to transcend the WTS's programming enough for us to remain close as mother and son after I left the organization. I have spent many years feeling enormous guilt for leaving the JWs while he stayed in it. He was truly the model JW child, and willingly so. He did everything I asked of him, believed me when I taught him this religion, and then I pulled the rug out from under him by leaving it myself. I had hopes that he would eventually be able to get out himself. I think he would have, if he had more time.

• unshackled
    unshackled

I'm terribly sorry truman, can't fathom the pain you must feel. My thoughts are with you.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Truman,

What a terrible loss. Best wishes to you and the rest of the family as you recover from this tragedy.

I was delighted to read the following remark in your post. Putting human relationships first, instead of following Watchtower's guidance, is a mark of a good man.

...when I left the organization more than a decade ago, he never gave me misery over that decision--although I know it hurt him deeply. We had a close relationship...

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

So sorry for your devastating loss, Truman. May you heal quickly.

I don't know if it's the same incident or not, but I saw a brief story on national news this morning about a sherriff that was shot and killed serving a warrant or eviction. The news stated that the sherriff (deputy?) was a week away from retirement. So senseless and sad.

Sincerely,

-Breck Taylor

• d
    d

Sorry for your loss.

• Scully
    Scully

I am so very sorry for your loss.

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Im so sorry, no parent should have be bury a child My thoughts and prayers go out you x

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I'm very sorry to hear that truman, what a terrible tragedy for you and your family.

MM x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit