Examples of Fredrick Franz Horrible personality.

by Witness 007 89 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

zero people skills

• Think About It
    Think About It
    ...desperately trying to see visions.

Like the no blood transfusions doctrine?

Think About It

• Zordino
    Zordino

Franz was a Hermit and a Weirdo, thats for sure.

• james_woods
    james_woods

on this: There is no evidence that Fred Franz was gay.

I can honestly tell you that both Ed and Marion Dunlap suspected that he at least had gay tendencies. They based this on his infamous (in Bethel) "hot-tub boys".

He had a group of about a half dozen "favorite boys" who would go with him into the spa and he was pretty free about telling them even insider GB stuff.

It was an unwritten Bethel rule that nobody should go into the spa when Freddy and the Boys were in there, and you had to be specially selected into this little club. Both the Dunlaps thought it looked pretty gay. I do not think they believed that it was an actual sexual situation, just that it sort of had this appearance. (this was, BTW - the source of much of the Bethel legend about his disdain for the Governing Body arrangement - and how he thought that he should be the single monarch in the manner of Knorr).

Like others said - not that being gay in itself matters - but, given that this WAS Bethel (where there was a notorious Gay scandal in the late 60s/early 70s), plus the Greenlees/Chitty situations - it is remarkable that he would openly give this appearance.

Again - like the nutbar 1975 - he just did not give a damn about what other people might think.

It shows to me that he had a massive ego and just did not care what other people thought.

• Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

No, I never served at Bethel. My uncle was a District convention overseer, and so I met him once at Bethel and twice at dinner (one of which was in my own home). I also had dinner with Karl Klein.

As for all of these 'gay' rumors, I think they are unfair unless someone actually comes up with some proof. I have to guess it is said in response to Franz being a life-long bachelor, but my personal take on the guy is that he had few interests outside the Witnesses. Marriage was implicitly banned for Bethelites from shortly after the time Franz joined (1914) to when Knorr married in 1953. Fred Franz was already into his 60s when the marriage ban was lifted, so it's no surprise he stayed single.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'm yet to see any evidence that Fred Franz was gay.

Just because someone "suspects" you of being gay doesn't mean that you are.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have no way of knowing - I am just reporting what I was personally told by the Dunlaps.

• steve2
    steve2

I guess in the highly repressed sanctum of Bethel, rumors have the finest soil upon which to flourish. Speculation about sexuality based on "tendencies" is the stuff of gossip magazines.

My paternal grandfather had an expression, "If the car ain't parked in the garage, it ain't parked in the garage." Ditto Fred: Openly being in a spa with "boys" ain't equivalent to anything other than what ever others "make" of it - that is, provided the man didn't park his car in the garage so to speak .

• james_woods
    james_woods

You may be missing my point, Steve2. Which was: Franz had the hubris to openly display slightly questionable conduct in light of the recent gay scandals which swept through Bethel and were quickly covered up.

I was more interested in the story because it revealed his hubris and ego than about his sexual tendencies.

After all, it was common knowledge that he confided Governing Body business to this group of bethel spa boys - Ed Dunlap expressed that this was a proven fact.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Asexual.

I met him a couple of times, not to talk deeply to, but he didnt give off a gay or straight vibe. He had the air of not being quite 'there'. I don't mean he was slow or anything, quite the opposite, but that his mind was busy elsewhere and that dealing with people was an unfortunate side effect of living in bethel and going to conventions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit