NHL Playoffs: who ya got puckheads?

by unshackled 49 Replies latest jw friends

• unshackled
    unshackled

Greetings my fellow fans of the frozen pond and old-time hockey.
    It's time for the playoffs beard!

So let's pick 'em. Who will be drinking from Lord Stanley's mug this year? If you can guess the Finals matchup and Cup winner, you win a two-four of Labatt Blue, pound of back bacon, and a Mike Commodore bobblehead doll. (*Actual prize may be a curt "ya good for you" post)

With the Penguins healthy (which could change with one well-placed headshot to Crosby or Letang) I think they're the ones to beat.

So..I'm guessing a Pittsburgh vs. Vancouver final. Pens in 6.

• GOrwell
    GOrwell

I wish Pittsburgh and Philly were in separate conferences.. now THAT would be a stanley cup playoff final to watch..

• undercover
    undercover

My team was mired in last place all season so I haven't really kept up with the front runners, but everything I'm reading is pointing to the Pens in the east, though I lean toward the Rangers.

Probably Vancouver in the West, though I never count the Red Wings out of any playoff race.

I'll have to watch some games during first round of playoffs before I can call a finals winner.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

nuff said.....

DIOS MIO! EL DIABLO!

SUCK IT EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU. VANCOUVER VS. THE GREATEST TEAM EVER, THE DEVILS

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

you may as well send me my bacon now, unshackled. Devils take the cup in 6. Mr. Falcon's BIG MORTAL LOCK OF THE YEAR

• xchange
    xchange

Well, I'm a Vancouverite so obviously I'm going for the Canucks. And living only mere minutes from Rogers Arena, it's safe to say it's gonna be a fun ride to the finals.

I agree that it's going to be Pittsburgh and Vanny in the finals. My opinionated, biased and uneducated prediction is Vancouver in 7 based only on the fact that I've been a fan of the Canucks for decades (and they also won the President's Cup AND they're pretty good too).

Game one tonight against LA and absolutely pumped not only for tonight but all the teams in the playoff. One more prediction, once Lu has a really bad game, he'll be yanked and replaced with Schneider for the duration unless he gets injured.

• unshackled
    unshackled

GOrwell: Agreed, that would be one helluva Finals. As much as I hate (HATE!) the Flyers, it's a shame one of these teams will be out in the 1st round. Wish the league would switch to 1 to 8 playoff seedings.

undercover: Sooo..does that mean your team is Columbus? Ouch. And after that season they still get burned in the draft lottery, settle for #2.

Falcon: Stand down, Falcon! If hell freezes over and your old man Brodeur wins the Cup, THEN you get yer bacon.

xchange: Didn't know you lived in Van. I'm not too far away, just up the Sunshine Coast. As for Luo, he will have a really bad game. Always does. I'm hoping it is Game 6 in the Finals vs. the Pens.

• unshackled
    unshackled

Puck drops in a few minutes.

Haven't heard from Charlie Brown Jr...but we can safely put him down for his thug, short bus Bruins.

• talesin
    talesin

Hey! Someone dissin' mah Bruins?

Pah! I spit on your "Debbils"!

I don't have TV anymore, so no playoffs for me. :(

t

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Vancouver here as was well , would like to see Vancouver make it to the final of course, the potential is there.

Realistically anything can happen in the playoffs though , injuries can occur turning great teams into not so great teams.

I too would like to see Pittsburgh and Vancouver in the final Go Vancouver

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit