Absurd WT Control in April 2012 KM

by LostGeneration 66 Replies latest jw friends

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Yeah in the section on attending the convention, you will find this gem:

"Therefore, we should give attention to our dress and grooming while in the convention city, including when we check in at the hotel. Arriving in shorts and a T-shirt would not reflect dignity."

Here is the download from Atlantis post: http://www.sendspace.com/file/o96cfs

So there it is - Jehovah thinks you are not dignified if you show up to the hotel dressed like this

• cedars
    cedars

There's that fence around the law again....

Cedars

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

Jehovah hates denim skirts, shorts and tshirts, beards and goatees, Skirts that go above the knee, blouses that scoop too low, ties that are too bright, dress shirts that aren't white, Pants that are too baggy, ears with more than one earring.

Talk about going beyond the things written. Jehovah sure takes an interest in fashion.

SIAM

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Jehovah hates denim skirts, shorts and tshirts, beards and goatees

Strangely, though, he is OK with moustaches

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I never knew Yosemite Sam was a witness!

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

Yes I was never allowed to wear jeans to the movies even when I was a young witness. I absolutely hated getting dressed up and still do. Always hated the no pants thing for women, like who cares? What's wrong with a nice pant suit? Brother!

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

When my stict JW sister visited me (she has no children) in the mid-seventies, she commented that my 16 year old son needed a hair cut. I replied

"he got one yesterday, besides Jesus had long hair." She retorted, "Jesus walked everywhere he went, do you want to give up your car and walk?"

There's just no way to reason with the fashion partrol part of the organization. I guess they want everyone to look like a dork.Who makes up these

dumb rules? I think the the young man in the picture above look nice and neat. What's the problem?

• therevealer
    therevealer

The problem is they had to fill X number of columns. Rules seemed like a good fit. And the writer thought it would get him points from higher up and was prolly right.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

LostGeneration:

It is all about appearances. They want JWs to look "business-like" all the time, 24/7.

Nevermind that the religion doesn't believe in college or careers or even success (so they say), they want to give the impression to the world that they DO.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

watchtower, no shorts? kiss my ass! I love to wear shorts when the weather is warm!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit