Absurd WT Control in April 2012 KM

by LostGeneration 66 Replies latest jw friends

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

if they are undignified when at assembly hotels, are they dignified on other occasions? or is it ok to dress in an undignified manner when doing things on non-meeting nights and non-assembly weeks? I suppose a humble brother would just play it safe and avoid shorts and T-shirts all together. One only needs to see this in the WT & Awake pictures, I mean it’s soooo obvious since the only guys wearing shorts and T-shirts are bad worldly kids tempting our poor young brothers with cigarettes and higher education....

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

They have some kind of fetish about dress clothes, like they imbue the wearer with some kind of holiness. How can people stand it?!

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon

hey guys, do you think the Isrealite Army had a strict dress code when they were going to work on some hapless Caananite city?

"Hold it right there, Israelite warrior!

There is no way you are going to rape my Caananite daughter and me dressed like THAT!"

• fugue
    fugue

Oh here we go with the RULES again. Here's what happens when you start making arbitrary, stupid rules. Idiots.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It's that old 50's mentality. Jeans and shorts are worn only by bad people. T shirts are rebellious. Can someone tell them that the class warfare between the greasers and the socials died a long time ago?

Well Mormans have their magic underwear, 'dubs have their magic suit and convention name card.

• fugue
    fugue

Oh that's right. I forgot to give suit man a badge. There, NOW he is dignified. Suit and badge = good.

• steve2
    steve2

If JWs want "good company" look no further than Mormon missionaries who have a strict dress code for public appearances right down to their special underwear - although I would have thought enforced modesty means the poor householder would not get to see the underwear which is probably a shame for some householders with unusual predilections.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit