Image of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by socstu 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• socstu
    socstu

I'm looking for an image to use of the JWs, It needs to be quite easy to identify them so I was thinking two people on the ministry or something like that. I was looking in the yearbooks but nothing really caught my eye, can anyone think of a specific picture which may do the job? :)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Try the mags on jw.org

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

There was a recent pic of Sam Herd (Gb member) stolling down the sidewalk with another brother, both with "bookbags" in hand.

Could be copyright issues using it though.

Doc

• Wizard of Oz
    Wizard of Oz

Hope this helps, They are from a Google Image Search.

L'n'T...........woz

• steve2
    steve2

How come these "official" photos don't look anything like the occasional stragglers I see shuffling around the streets? They often appear lost in their own world, unsmiling, and increasingly despite the few men wearing suit and ties, they look badly dressed.

• socstu
    socstu

Thanks very much for all the help, especially Wizard of Oz - I found the image I'm looking for! :)

@steve2 I'm sure it's just a case of the organisation producing marketing images, notice also how they're always fairly attractive looking people.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

How come these "official" photos don't look anything like the occasional stragglers I see shuffling around the streets?

Eh, when has your burger at McDonalds or Burger King actually looked like the one on the billboard or TV commercial?

Advertising at its best, having nothing to do with reality.......

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

When you really think about it, the WTS. indoctrinates people to be the organization's own sales Representatives.

The way they are to dress

No suit pants for ladies

No sport jackets that don't match the color of pants for men

The length of men's hair

How they are to talk

What books and movies they are to watch ...etc ..etc.

Everything is done with a pretentious formula to make the WTS. organization and the people who are inside of the organization

to appear as wholesomely pure and honest as possible.

God's Representatives here on earth so to speak

In doing all of this, this pretentious reflection makes the WTS. deceivingly maligned published works look all more appealing to the public.

Like a car salesman on a car lot complete with a warm and welcoming smile, telling their customers they are offering the best cars money can buy.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Try a Yahoo or Google search of images...

• steve2
    steve2

I don't suppose a crotch shot of JW Prince in full flight on stage or pre mid-1980s Michael Jackson would be quite the image of JWs you're looking for?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit