Great authors.

by LouBelle 10 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I have so many that range from Shakespeare, Eckhart Tolle to Wilbur Smith and subjects that cover everything from fiction, fantasy, poetry to non fiction.

I started reading a series many years ago but never got around to completing it. I've come across it again and am thouroughly enjoying it. The author is Terry Pratchett and the series is Discworld. He creates such delightful, witty, wicked charactors that get up to all sorts of mischief, majik, mayhem and adventures. The series in some arb yet true way shadow our own world. Many times I find myself physically laughing, "floored" with his humour. Brilliant writer! Fantastic talent.

Have you got any favorites.

• zeb
    zeb

Read any ofthePoems of 'banjo'Patterson?

• TOTH
    TOTH

I'm a big fan of Joseph Wambaugh and stephen King!

How you been LouBell??? It's me, Larry...AKA tired of the hypocrisy...New name since I forgot my old log in info...I hope you are doing well!

• umadevi
    umadevi

I love romance. Danielle Steel.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Too many favs to count. I guess Stephen King, he is the only author that I own everything they have ever written. He is the author that opened the big wide world of books to me. I read The Stand as a young teen. No idea who he was, or what it was about, but that was it. I didn't get struck by lightening and read everything by him, I could get my hands on. He has been my nightstand lover ever since. He really did open me up to the world of reading. I was a reader before, but he gave me rabies. I will read pretty much anything except westerns and romance.

I would say, my all time favorite story is by Kurt Vonnegut. It's called Harrison Bergeron. I was always partial to that story, but even more so since waking up to the WT.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

James Michener. He writes historical fiction, very interesting stories.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Barbara Kingsolver is one of my favorites. She wrote Poisonwood Bible, and several other books. She also writes nonfiction. Fantastic author.

There are so many great authors though. I've recently found a new series of books by Tim Dorsey---books about a serial killer named Serge Storms. VERY DARK HUMOR, and if you like Dexter, you'll probably love these books. As dark as the material is, there are many laugh out loud moments.

NC

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Ian McEwan

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

TOTH - Howdy there - I'll Pm you!

Stephen King- gave me the freaking willies with Needful Things. I couldn't even enter a shop named that very name cos I was so freaked out...actually I think this weekend I shall tackle that.

I will definately look these authors up. tx

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Check out 'Origin of the Brunists' by Robert Coover. Its a pretty wild story about the formation of a small cult and it's disastrous results. Coover's writing style is pretty unique.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit