How to properly call someone out for lying.

by lisavegas420 33 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

No really, I'm asking.

I was not home at all last week. Only my husband was here. When we finally met up together this weekend, I turned on a burner on the stove. It started smoking because somthing had been spelt down in the stove and had not been cleaned out.

I accused him of making the mess and not cleaning it. He said he did not make a mess on the stove. And he said the last time the kitchen was cleaned, he did it.

I pointed out, that He was the only one here, it was either him or someone was coming into our home all ninja like and making the messes and leaving them.
    He said, "yea I guess."

I demanded he admit that he was the only one that could have possibly made the uncleaned mess and he refused and said he "did not appreciate me accusing him of lying"

I still know he did it. Why won't he just admit to it?

Signed,
    It's Monday I have a busier week this week than I did last week and I won't 'be here to protect my kitchen.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

If the biggest thing you have to complain about is a messy husband, you're doing ok.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Because he's a man - we have great difficulty admiting we are ever wrong.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

You need to get more analytical, what smell was it? Burning what? Cheese, meat, hair, veg, plastic? They all smell very different.

You do realise that shit happens? Maybe a spider died and fell down there and got burnt next time the cooker was used....

• cantleave
    cantleave

Bloody big spider!!!!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

While it might seem like a small thing. I am truly worried about where his mind is. He has caught our kitchen on fire twice, because he forgot he had something on the stove and walked away.

During the first fire I was the one that got burned during the fire and spent a week in the hospital and a year healing.

We had the kitchen remodeled in January, partially because of the second fire. The freakin' stove is brand new, I haven't even finished paying it off.

The smell? I think it was grease. That would strongly suggest to me that he was frying up potatoes after we agreed no more fried foods. So again, he isn't being completly honest. Thanks, I hadn't even thought about that.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

I'm not absolutely sure this is a serious post so... I'm only half joking.

I was not home at all last week. Only my husband was here. You don't know what happened for 5 days.

I accused him of making the mess and not cleaning it. He said he did not make a mess on the stove. There's your answer. And he said the last time the kitchen was cleaned, he did it. Good guy.

I pointed out, that He was the only one here, (he's fully aware of that. Parent/child behaviour on your part)) it was either him or someone was coming into our our all ninja like and making the messes and leaving them. Oooh, sarcasm.
    He said, "yea I guess." trans. "Believe what you like"

I demanded he admit that he was the only one that could have possibly made the uncleaned mess What if there was another possibility ?and he refused and said he "did not appreciate me accusing him of lying" That sounds assertive and reasonable
    I still know he did it. No you don't, you're not clairvoyant. Why won't he just admit to it? Because he said he didn't do it !

Signed,
    It's Monday I have a busier week this week than I did last week and I won't 'be here to protect my kitchen. Perhaps he'll eat out every night for safety.

Is everything O.K. at home ??

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

O.K., I'd composed my reply and posted it after your last one and I didn't check. That background puts a different complexion on it altogether.

I've taken you off the the 'Control Freak' list.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

thank you.

and I really appreciated the laugh.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I expect a mess when I get home

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit