Do you have Feng Shui in your home?

by Iamallcool 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

The Watchtower is against Feng Shui, it has been mentioned in the magazines, maybe Blondie can find the quotes for us.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Too lazy to do your own research again?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I do not have the WT CD rom.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I've read up on Feng shui in the past... i think it can be done naturally in regards to natural energy flows etc. You don't necessarily need a book to tell you if the room has good energy or not.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Yes, it usually occurs in the bathroom after we have everyone over for Mexican .

• Glander
    Glander

Technically, Feng Shui is a philosophy/superstition that has very specific rules for the layout of living and working space and involves the belief in good and evil spirits, etc.

When I use the term I am simply using it as shorthand for ergonomic design that lends itself to natural flow of people in tight spaces, such as the layout of a bustling restaurant or commercial kitchen.

In small ways, it can be very important, such as the hingeing of an interior door left or right, in or out.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yes and she says to tell you she wasn't smiling at you and she doesn't want to go out with you.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Ergonomics, functionality, and aesthetics, yes. Religious connotation, no.

BTW, lazy bast....ion, December 8, 2001 Awake! "Is Feng Shui appropriate for Christians?" I have it in Spanish.... so I'll only give you the gist.

As long as you don't use a magnet to arrange your furniture or try to use the configuration of your furniture for good luck, you're free to do it.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

As much as I like to call out bullshit on all things unscientific, I guess I can wriggle some room for you.... Has anyone heard of the golden ratio? It is a ratio we see in nature, google it... Put simply it can be applied to aesthetics as we are programmed for emotions to engage on certain visual stimuli, e.g. The big blue eyes of a baby. Most famous art, architecture happens to fit into this ratio (again google) ....so maybe, the arrangement of your room can alter your mood etc if correctly arranged.

What about the direction of your bed? We were taught for years that birds knew direction and mapped out journeys via god given instinct. Yet more lies I'm afraid, birds have magnetite in their beak, awesome hey... A magnetic mineral that they use to navigate the earth via magnetic fields. Ok now this is a long shot.... It is true that we too have some magnetite in our noses, small amounts... Maybe our sleeping direction does alter our quality of snooze?

Who knows?in reality the crystals and all the unscientific bs attached to feng-shit is ignorable, so too probably is my comment... I'm just procrastinating again....

Snare x

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I can see a new job for some JW that will convince other Jws that their house might be laid out, even accidently, in a Feng Shui pattern and for a fee, they will come in and "re arrange" the furniture in the house so that it is anti-Feng Shui.

You know, so the demons do not feel at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit