Guilty thought

by punkofnice 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Watch it Punkie ! Jung said "Show me a man who is normal and I shall cure him". Don't get too close to normal !

My experience and feelings are identical with yours, my old man died a few years ago, my mum is still with us, I was born in, and I see no reason to be grateful for any of it. I do not feel guilty about that, and I freely make excuses for my parents making such a stupid choice of religion.

But they get no thanks, it is literally thanks for nothing, there are no positives for me from my JW upbringing or past.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

The resentment raised-in's feel is natural; I constantly feel the tug between the deep love and respect for my parents and the intense hatred for the way they let the cult raise me.

Two things I try to remember are:

1-My Mom and non-practicing Dad are being controlled and they don't see it; to them it WAS the best way and they were blinded to any other.

2-Because they are brainwashed it's not entirely their fault, so place the blame where blame is due; condemn the WTBT$ and direct your anger towards the cult, they deserve it.

This has helped me come to terms with the way I was raised and show compassion towards my family who are still blind; it also assists in counteracting the guilt and bitterness, along with making things more peaceful.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I have recently been chatting to my Mum. Although she prefers to stay 'mind cleansed'(TM) I think she suspects the JWs tick all the boxes of 'cult'. It's been her life and cannot imagine life without the WBT$.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit