Hunting.

by zeb 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Diest
    Diest

My family went hunting, as did most of the elders where I lived. Few sport hunters there, most were in it for the meat.

• cheerios
    cheerios

where i grew up, hunting and fishing was common. we moved to the east coast, and the Kingdumb Hell that we went to was full of hunter-haters ... they would give my family a hard time about it ... haters gotta hate

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Yes, they do, and fishing and the CO better not schedule a visit during deer season

Amen to that, blondie. I remember the CO not only visiting our cong, but scheduling an all-day service day on Saturday, during opening week of deer season. A couple of the elders, who were diehard hunters, felt that it was deliberate, to "test" them, and rebelled against it.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Sport hunting and fishing means it is a form of recreation that produces a reward for your effort.

I "sport" fish and most of my limited time off is spent on a boat fishing/crabbing/shrimping or at a beach digging clams; I don't take more than I can use. I don't hunt because I live on a small farm and raise my own beef, so why would I want to spend major $$$ to freeze my ass of in the woods?

The difference between what I do and what someone who kills for fun does is I don't waste ANYTHING.

Anyone who hunts or fishes and wastes should have their licenses and gear taken away.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Just Ron used to hunt and fish regularly. We ate everything he brought home. I wouldn't feel right about killing something and then not eating it.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I won't eat venison or moose or rabbit or other game animals, and I'm not even keen on eating game fowl or fish that has been baited and hooked. But really there's barely any difference between hunting wild game and slaughtering a farm animal.

I can think of one really big difference: the game animal actually had a normal animal life, while the farmed animal lived it's entire life being tortured and confined for the sole purpose of eventually feeding you and making a few business men relatively wealthy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit