Do People Hate You Too For Being Too Beautiful?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Mac Davis had some thoughts on this. Lord it's hard to be humble...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKEnVOuOOOE

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Yes. Acne is the new sexy. :D

• minimus
    minimus

awww, the burden we face!

• Mary
    Mary

I saw this woman on CNN and I thought 'Um, is this an April Fool's joke?' She's not exactly ugly, but she's no screaming hell either. Her assertion that good looking people are 'hated' for their looks is absurd. I'm generally considered to be fairly attractive and I don't know any female who hates me because of that. Do I get treated better than my coworkers? Not to my knowledge. I got an excellent performance review this year but I'm pretty sure it's because I worked my ass off, not because anyone was drooling over me.

The reason Samantha Brick has lost so many friends is not because she's "too beautiful" (she's not) but because she's a egotistical narcassist and who the hell wants to be around someone like that? Looks are a fleeting thing, and if that's all you've got to rely on in life then you are to be most pitied.

Samantha Brick wrote an article for the Daily Mail last week

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have just got used to it.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

She is living in France. International friends explained to me that French men think ALL blondes are "beautiful" even when they are not. It relates back to a French societal presumption that Nordic women lack morals, followed by British women and then American women. Fellow students who have studied abroad in France were even given handbooks explaining this.

You might find this spoof written by a guy to be pretty funny. http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/apr/04/samantha-brick-hated-good-looks

• therevealer
    therevealer

@Mary - if your avatar is an actual pic, well then you qualify as cute right on thru to beautiful. And Samantha is just scary. Yikes!!

• darthfader
    darthfader

Yeah... I just too sexy.....

Photobucket

• mouthy
    mouthy

the trueone that made me laugh till I cried/
    No I have so many that love me cos I am ugly!!!!

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Awww, Mouthy,you are not ugly at all. We all love you here for your good heart. You've helped so many here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit