Are you attending the Memorial this year?

by XPeterX 82 Replies latest jw friends

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Dunno about you but I'm going.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

No

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Memorial of what, some last meal of someone I don't even have any valid proof even existed? And even if someone could prove he did exist, that doesn't do anything because it would be merely someone that became an apostate Jew by age 12 and got slaughtered for trying to ruin Judaism and Christianity. These experiences can easily be embellished--we all saw a$$embly experiences that were blatantly embellished.

If you go, not only are you pxxxing off the demons, but you aren't even honoring Jesus properly. To do that, you need to do it in small groups, and everyone needs to partake. Remember, all it takes is a tiny sip of that wine (or grape juice, if you are dealing with minors or people that even a tiny amount of alcohol is dangerous) and a nibble of the cracker to do the job. Reading the account is totally optional, and should be done in small groups. There is no need to waste time reading who should not partake, since anyone wishing to be Christian should partake (and those wishing not to be Christian shouldn't attend at all).

• carla
    carla

Can someone remind me why r & f jw's feel that they are supposed to go and watch others partake? what is the scripture they use for that if only the annointed are commanded to 'do this in rememberance'?

What is the stock answer that is given?

I am rusty on jw doctrines lately or have subconsciously put them out of my mind.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

xpeterx, WHY ARE YOU ATTENDING?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Not only NO, but....

NO effing WAY!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

no way

• TOTH
    TOTH

Nope...I'm done.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

I'm proud to say that this will be the SECOND YEAR IN A ROW that I am not attending. I'm done and I've been done for a long time!

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

I'm being forced to go. My wife says she has to go, just to see if she feels different. I warned her that I might go all MST3K during the talk, might partake, won't sing and such but she's still determined. The only consolation is that we're skipping our cong (even she wants to avoid that hassle) and going to a former branch office, which I remember has a nice library. The thought of getting some first hand scans is the only thing keeping me from letting her go alone..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit