what is the all time best example of the WT selective history?

by Aussie Oz 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

It's almost like there are so many little things that add up to a lot, a lot of evidence that the WT selectivly presents its history, and even attempts to re-write it at times.

But if you had to choose just one item to prove your point, what would it be?

Oz

• designs
    designs

'Bible Students as Jehovah's Witnesses were once called'

• St George of England
    St George of England

Jesus came to power in 1914.

Until 1943 they believed he came to power in 1874. Not many JW's know that and the WTS are not actively promoting it.

George

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

The 'trumpet blast assemblies in the 1920's- never happened, as the world was supposed to end in 1925- right in the middle of those assemblies! You can have one; or the other- but not both!

My thread here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/217000/1/The-seven-trumpet-blasts-of-Revelation-the-e2809cMillionse2809d-campaign

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

all of it

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I don't know what to pick really, some are so small, seemingly that they wouldn't qualify as "all time best" examples, but the hidden ageda behind the deceit is fascinating.

Take the claim, on their official Web site as I write, that C.T Russell was the first President of the WT.

Sloppy research by the writer ? I doubt that very much, they have made the claim for too many years, so why hide who was the first President ?

Because he left in no time over major doctrinal matters, and they obviously want to hide the fact that discord, disputations and schisms have dogged the Society from its inception.

As to what I consider to be an amazing example of selective history is the changing of what actually appeared in the Watchtower or Awake magazines when they produced the Bound Volumes, that must have taken huge effort, with special print runs etc. and is so so dishonest !

Some mind-controlled JW's do not see it that way, but they are wrong, it is a sly deceit to confuse those trying to find the history, and for no other purpose.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

One that comes to mind for me was related as an experience at last years (or the year before) DC. I think it may have been the public talk.

The experience was of a brother just released from a concentration camp near the end of WWII. He runs into a fleeing German official. The German says something like: 'So what now, since the Nazi empire is collapsing? (Said as if JWs thought that would not happen.) The JW responds that they always knew that Germany would lose the war. At this point the speaker (no doubt sticking closely with his manuscript or outline) points out how the "faithful slave" was on top of things all the time - that is, they knew Germany would lose the war.

The real history follows: In the late thirties, JF Rutherford gave a talk at Albert Hall in London (?) called "Face the Facts." In the talk he urges US and Great Britian not to oppose the Nazis since a Nazi victory was Scripturally certain. This would be followed immediately by God's Kingdom bringing Armageddon. The allied leaders would be better off trusting in God's Kingdom. This talk was then published as a booklet called "Face The Facts" for the next several years.

After that, around 1940, the Society published another booklet called "The End of the Axis Powers." (?) In it, it was said that the Axis and Allied powers would fight to a draw, then God's Kingdom would wipe out both powers at Armageddon.

Then in September 1942 came the "Peace - Can It Last." There it was predicted that the Allied powers would win, soon followed by Armageddon.

So, it didn't matter how the war ended. The Society -with their usual great insight - had predicted it!

As an aside, the actual conversation between the Nazi and the JW may be accurate. The JW may have been in a camp and only heard the most recent WT rantings. Whereas, the German may have heard the "Face the Facts" material but then got too busy with the war to keep up with the Society's latest.

As an additionsl aside, the Society's predictions actually followed after major turning points in the war. "Face the Facts came out while Germany was subdueing continental Europe, but before the Battle of Britain. "The End of the Axis Powers" came out after the Battle of Britain was lost by Germany, thus blunting their westward movement. "Peace - Can It Last" came out after the German push into Russia had been stopped and after Japan lost two major sea battles in the Pacific.

One thing I learned from this experience is that the Society does read the newspapers.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Like everybody says - so many things were covered up.

I think my biggest example would be the cloud of smoke raised over the whole lifetime of J.F.Rutherford and his leadership of the JWs - given what we actually know now about this sorry excuse for a man.

• heathen
    heathen

The old ,"millions now living will never die". identifying the Great Crowd , all that nonsense is cleverly covered up . Now they even changed the generation that does not pass away to be overlapping and not the generation of 1914 where they would DF any one that tried to correct them . Really screwed up cult there.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Since the WTS. is such a fraudulent commercialized false prophet, there many circumstances one could point out.

The selective year professed by the JWS of 1914, even prior to that year occurring by the IBSA and further on by the JWS under J Rutherford.

It really had no biblical significance other than it was used a marketing devise to attract the publics attention., which unfortunately it did.

That year was fraudulently masked over many times and will continue to be masked over as time progresses.

Selective history by the WTS/JWs comes in as a vehicle of self supporting propaganda for this corrupt publishing organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit