Menlo Park KH - Elder Tells All - and more

by Juan Viejo2 72 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• metatron
    metatron

Forgive this observation but while the heroism of the removed elders is commendable, what is their motivation for continuing?

They will be quietly shunned as renegades, even by the fools they tried to protect. Is some sort of contingency lawsuit available to them?

I think the critical thing here is for all elders who still have a conscience left, to 'blow the whistle' on Kingdom Hall theft by the Watchtower Society. This can be done by e-mail, word of mouth and letters - even anonymously, as needed.

In addition, there is always leverage in holding copies of everything in confidential files by the congregation especially judicial matters. All elders should do this, just in case. How do you think J.Edgar Hoover outlasted all the people who wanted him gone?

metatron

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Second article in series will be online in just a few hours. Metatron: This question comes up frequently, but it's because those asking don't understand the circumstances. Not only were these elders removed from their positions within the congregation, they were also slandered during a Kingdom Hall meeting.

Their motivation has never been about money or fame or any of those things. If they had asked for monetary damages from the very beginning they may have gotten some licensed professional legal assistance and their first federal lawsuit might not have been dismissed. But money has never been their motivation - they have not even asked for financial help from outsiders, although I am sure they would welcome some.

You have to ask yourself if you were in their position: If your conscience was clear and you had served your congregation in some capacity for dozens of years without scandal - and then suddenly you were removed from your position and then through implication accused of theft - and you were faced with probable disfellowshipping and the loss of contact with many of your close family members...

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

WOULD YOU NOT FIGHT? OR WOULD YOU JUST TUCK TAIL AND WANDER OFF FIGURING IT WAS "JEHOVAH'S WILL?

JV

• metatron
    metatron

You raise some fair points about the situation but please consider certain verities here: first, these brothers need to 'leave the truth', period.

They need to realize that, even if they win in court, they are probably finished as Jehovah's Witnesses. It's not about honesty or high principles in this sad cult, it's about power and greed. Better that they leave than 'repent' as cowards.

The Society can df them and that's that. They can cite "causing division" just as with brothers and sisters who were df'd for exposing child sexual abuse in the organization. Ask Barb Anderson about that.... or recall what they did to Ray Franz.

It sounds like they should have gone for contingency in the first place. Simpleton Witnesses will never appreciate their conscience led stand, anyway. The Borg are always right, no matter what.

Take a couple hours and watch the movie, "High Noon". Similar situation. I would only conclude this in summary: They need to ask themselves, what reasonable outcome can I expect? What possible outcome can I achieve? Finding a happy, compassionate answer is not easy here.

I say these things because I fought a similar fight years ago, involving a Kingdom Hall deed and possible sale .... but it never went this far.

metatron

• Devil_Fish
    Devil_Fish

They continue this fight because there is nothing else to do. They have been Jehovah's Witnesses their whole life. They hold out hope that perhaps the etireity of Bethel is not corrupt. perhaps there are a few who are true to Jehovah. The one's that are perpitrating this crime need to be removed from the temple. Since all of their letters to the WT went un-answered, they assumed that what ever nefarious agents are working back there, are in control of the mail system as well as the phone system and would not let the letters and calls get through to the GB.

They keep fighting because there is nothing else to do. This is much more then just this one KH. They have uncovered low level money laundering, and RICO Act violations. The stakes have been raised in the new case in federal court. The new case is focused less on the WT and more on the banks, and the clearks who have consistantly "Lost" documents, Set court dates that never take place in reality, but some how show up on the court calender expost facto as having taken place when in fact the Plantiffs actually went to the court house on the day schedualed, and found a dark court room. There have been blatant alterations of deposisions, and even court transcripts. There have been clearks handeling this case who are JW's in leage with the Defence Attourney who have a legal obligation to recuse them selves but do not. There is even a judge (Judge Ryu)involved who had a legal obligation to recuse herself, but she did not. When asked about this Judge Ryu said: "The law is not ment to be taken literaly, and is open to interpretation." When asked about a cleark stamping DENIED on a motion to compell filed by the plantiffs which Judge James asked them to file, Judge Ryu replied: "I don't read every document that crosses my desk and my cleark signs a lot of things for me. This is normal."

Win or loose, this is less about the Elders who were removed, and more about exposing the truth about what they have been told their whole life was "the truth". They know that they are as good as DF'd, but that does not matter to them. For years they have acted as shepards of what was a warm loving congregation. They continue the fight, not to help them selves, but to right a wrong, or atleast expose a wrong that has been commited against a people that they have known and loved for many years.

D_F

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

Based on what happened with the KH I was involved in ALL OF THIS seems plausible and factual...time will tell...

• metatron
    metatron

(Sigh) This is worse than High Noon. The marshall knew what he was facing. These poor naive men are charging a windmill with a lance.

The other problem, Devil Fish, is that you make it sound as if the legal system there is utterly corrupt. If that's so, there is no fight to be made in court, especially if they can't go Federal.

I certainly wish them well ......... and hope, somehow.

metatron

• MrDarkKnight
    MrDarkKnight

Unfortuanetly this is a case of when you come at the king, you better not miss.

• mind blown
    mind blown

it's a good thing this case was dismissed and now has moved on to Federal Court.

Civil cases are not as weighty as Federal Criminal Cases. Civil cases are generally brought by private individuals or corporations seeking to collect money owed or monetary damages.

A Criminal Case in response to a suspected violation of law and seeks a fine, a jail sentence or both.

If charges are imposed in Federal Court, this case will without question will be news worthy. The brothers just need to make sure they do not settle out of court and or sign a gage order if things get nasty, which will be their down fall like many others.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Juan Viejo2

Please, advice the three great elders to enlist the free legal services of ACLU at https://www.aclu.org/affiliate/california-southern. See full address below,

ACLU of Southern California

Executive Director: Hector Villagra

1313 W. 8th Street
    Los Angeles CA 90017

Phone: (213) 977-9500

Web: http://www.aclu-sc.org

I would not be surprised if ACLU step in to help them. Please, update us about this. I recall, Watchtower at one time, did enlist the services of ACLU for free.

Scott77

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Elder Tells All - 2 is online now.

http://ex-jw.com/menlo-park-elder-tells-all-2

Because of the way the documents were filed, it is not an easy read - but a very interesting one.

Some of you will appreciate the amount of pressure Jason Cobb was under (and he wasn't feeling well that day either), and yet he never gave an inch to the defense attorney deposing him. That same week, he was preparing his case for the state court against some of the same defendants. The attorney for the defense, Anthony V. Smith, was also preparing to defend the state case against Jason Cobb. He found himself locked in a battle with a strong-willed Mr. Cobb.

I know that some of you will read this deposition and think that Anthony Smith, the defense attorney, was being as flexible as possible and Jason Cobb was being a total asshole, inflexible and uncooperative. But if you realize that Jason was not a plaintiff in the federal case, only a witness willing to testify as to the facts of the federal case, not the state case. Smith was directing all of his questions to Jason and putting him on the defensive, more like a prosecuting attorney. He was asking questions about Jason Cobb's family, education and other personal details that had absolutely no bearing on the federal case.

I'm exhausted and will take a couple of days to catch my breath. I've been working on these articles for several weeks. The third part of this series will be a lot more revealing and educational about the details of the case and how it developed, who did what to whom, and why the plaintiffs decided to make the big move to take the new elder body and the RBC to court. Jason Cobb will once again tell his story, but this time being questioned by his father, plaintiff Jonathan Cobb Sr.

I'll let everyone know that the new article is up in a few days. In the meantime, I'll sneak in a contributed article by one of our own posters here on JWN. I think you'll appreciate what he has to say.

JV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit