New Rumor: Downsizing Circuits/Assemblies

by metatron 61 Replies latest jw friends

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

This is no secret, as the announce plans here (southwest Ohio, USA) are that there will be a 3000 seat assembly hall will be built that will be used in summer months for district conventions.... it follows that there would be a re-assignment of congregations and circuits to have smaller district conventions.... nothing notable here... hardly worth mentioning

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well I think it's worth mentioning. Will international conventions be a thing of the past too?

I wonder what the leadership really is thinking. Are they resigned to presiding over decline or have they got some sort of strategy?

• j dubb
    j dubb

I well remember the DCs being Thursday through Sunday. Then Thursday went to an afternoon session only (or was it always an afternoon session after being downsized from the 5-8 day long ones?) then was dropped some years ago for just a three day DC.

Is the rumor that they will go to 2-day DCs?

Blondie-sorry, didn't know it had been discussed before.

• Scully
    Scully

Assembly Halls are normally pretty booked up, particularly if they are multi-congregation use as well.

It wouldn't surprise me if this move resulted in the build of more multi-congregation Kingdom Halls/Assembly Halls. They'd pitch it such that it would spread the cost of purchasing land and construction over a larger number of publishers, making it more affordable for users.

Then the WTS would charge them all higher per capita user fees (rent) because the buildings are newer, after all.

The WTS never, ever makes huge changes of this sort unless it has a beneficial impact on their cash flow.

Follow the money, folks. Follow the money.

• scotoma
    scotoma

If this were a post from minimus I would expect some kine of April Foolery.

Metatron doesn't joke around.

• paladin
    paladin

Our hall is big three complex that is used for CA's and now this year it is set for DA's.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "... Rather, they can get free labour to build more assembly halls, all with donated money, and then the halls become an asset for the Watchtower property empire. Then all donations for running costs go to them as well. ..." JW Facts
    "It wouldn't surprise me if this move resulted in the build of more multi-congregation Kingdom Halls/Assembly Halls. ..." Scully

I see a potential problem with this, and I hate to say it, but I hope that it happens...

Remember that crane that fell over at one of the "quick-builds" - due to inexperienced/unqualified operator error???

If there were a HUGE accident, resulting in lawsuits - LOTS of lawsuits - then THAT would bring this whole "quick-build" honeypot [meant in BOTH senses] to a grinding halt - at least, for a year or two...

Despite the potential cost to the poor Rank&File workers, I hope that something to that effect does happen. It's long overdue...

Or does anyone know how many volunteers have been killed, working on "quick-builds" in the past???

• mP
    mP

why bother with assemblies at all.

i wonder if the wts is getting headaches researching and writing up their books and articles. surely they must get prepremanded for all their mistakes and embarrassments. putting anything in print when your wrong or lying is a disaster because you cant take it back.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Funny....I was just thinking about District Assemblies yesterday, how they've changed and what value would they serve these days. It seemed like in the past they had days and days worth of things to harp on about and information that was oh so important for us not to miss. Granted, the assemblies were torture sessions but they seemed to rally a sort of special spirit of commaraderie in spite of it all. The last District Assembly I was at was in a Major Sprots Arena. It seemed so sterile and cold and it was a ghost town by comparrison to the old days. People seemed to mill around, come and go, pick and choose what sessions they would and wouldn't attend. This wouldn't have flown in a couple of decades ago. With the deleted meetings, reduced hours, downsized magazines, and internet access to their information they don't have enough new information to fill a program. Most of the benefit of the assembly didn't come from the talks. it was just seeing that you weren't the lone religous fanatic out there that made it seem ok to press on. It seems like they are going to streamline and homogonize themselves right out of existence if they are not careful. Can you imagine how hard it will be for single JW's to meet a variety of people without the being able to cruise the corridors of the big District Conventions. It was the only thing that we used to have to look forward to.

• venetian
    venetian

It seems like they are going to streamline and homogonize themselves right out of existence if they are not careful.

Here's hoping...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit