New Rumor: Downsizing Circuits/Assemblies

by metatron 61 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Heard a new rumor that:

The Borg is going to phase out big District Assemblies - so they can fit 'em in Assembly Halls.

They will reduce the size of Circuits

They will synchronize C.O. visits across the country.

Probably more $ saving measures. With mag sales lagging, assemblies are a source of income and they wanna keep costs as low as possible.

metatron

• watson
    watson

I like rumors, and this one certainly makes sense. Next will be satelite hook ups for all K Halls and Assembly Halls.

• blondie
    blondie

Reduce the size of circuits, does that mean there will more circuits with fewer people in each? In this area, the assembly hall is already booked solid with the number of circuits they already have, more circuits, thus with fewer people would mean no space at the AH.

I can see reducing the DCs to 2 days and then the WTS can quit harping the jws for missing Fridays.

I grew up in the olden days when conventions were called district assemblies and were larger 40,000 to 100,000 jws (missed the 1950's and 253,000) and lasted 4 to 8 days and you traveled quit a distance to get to them. I can also remember when the local congregation did not own a building and rented space in places such as the Oddfellows Hall and there would be an American flag to the right of the stage.

• ex360shipper
    ex360shipper

I know for sure that they are syncing up all the CO rotations. Usually you get a new CO every three years, but this summer they are all switching around, so you may have only had a CO for a year or two, but they might leave in order to sync up the whole country.

I also think that in certain areas of the US, like NYC they already stopped having DC's at large stadiums and have them at assembly halls.

• paladin
    paladin

Correct, we are having three DC conventions at our hall starting late June for three long weekends.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

They are syncing up the CO's as we speak, and I already predicted the demise of the 3-day DC. Unsurprising. But welcome news!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is a great idea, and a huge financial windfall on many fronts.

The cost is huge, having to book a stadium, with all that money going elsewhere. Rather, they can get free labour to build more assembly halls, all with donated money, and then the halls become an asset for the Watchtower property empire. Then all donations for running costs go to them as well. Doing a link up saves money, as it means less travel costs required to send the GB all over the US.

They could continue with 3 days, but they may as well just do 2 days, as Friday was always the lowest attendance as many people cannot, or cannot be bothered getting the time off. As people get less interested, it will become an embarrassment to see the difference in attedance, and to avoid that why not just do weekends.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

The Friday of the DC is going to go the way of the Bookstudy. They will assimilate it into Saturday/Sunday and sell it back to the masses as a simplification/enhancement.

• baltar447
    baltar447

If this is true then they're really in decline. Who said "if Jehovah ever stopped the money from flowing they should cease printing"?

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I see it as information control as well, if it's true.

Big DC too easy to see members from your congregation talking to people you don't know for example. Too easy for anyone to attend a DC.

Much easier to keey tabs on a smaller circuit. Keep the riff raff out at all costs. Invisible fences are getting tighter and tighter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit