ex Bethelites: Chuck Lebensperger?

by Unlearn 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Unlearn
    Unlearn

Hi...

I may be misspelling this guys name, but while I was in Patterson doing long-term temporary (before I got accepted longer and moved to Brooklyn Bethel), this guy was my table head. He seemed to be really arrogant. His attitude towards me was very condescending. Was it just me...or is he just that way?
    He struck me as being big-time around Patterson (early 90's - while it was still under construction). 800.00 suits, gold wrings, expensive wristwatch...the whole deal. He very clearly had money.
    Just wondering if any of you folks knew this guy and could tell me what his deal was.
    Going to Bethel, and meeting this guy was a turning point for me (in hindsight). He looked and behaved like a Wall Street Exec. I remember cold mornings, dressed in work clothes and TIRED...leaving morning worship to go slave, while he would slip on his expensive trench coat and wander off...and wishing i had HIS job....

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Yes, I know him. Chuck Liebensperger. He was a big time executive for Mighty Auto Parts for many years, thats why he has the money.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I do not have any problems with him when I have talked to him in the past. He treated me with respect.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

Yes, he has the arrogant look, that is part of his personality.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I wonder about his son, Jonathan, What is his current status in the borg? Is he currently an elder or MS?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

oops, the right spelling of his last name is leibensperger.

• SadElder
    SadElder

I attended a seminar some time ago in Orlando Fl where he was an intircate part of a presentation to flesh out money via the Planned Giving arrangement. There was a whiz bang Powerpoint presentation that was used to show how wonderful annuites were for the giver and the Borg. We were supposed to be so impressed that we would cough up some money and also help refer any other well healed folks towards piling up the bucks.

At the time I thought: They can use fancy computer graphics to ferret out money but heaven help us if we used any thing with flash in a public talk.

He is/was a millionaire as one of the above posters mentioned. I believe he was also part of the CoHi shill company that Crooklyn used to buy up real estate around Brooklyn.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

IAMALLCOOL - Jon Leibensperger is still an elder as far as I know.

[EDIT- actually, that might have changed recently. . . not sure ]

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

boc, You have PM

• pbrow
    pbrow

Not to derail your topic but was Mighty auto parts a JW company? I know a few local brothers were involved with that company for a while about 15 years ago in the Wisconsin area.

pbrow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit