Would this bug you?

by still thinking 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I wouldn't care I always make too much. But, if it bothers you do the same... start showing up at meal time

• still thinking
    still thinking

james_woods...

A picture...just for you...hope you like liver and onions...

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I heard a story of a couple whose friends always showed up at dinner uninvited and expected to be fed. The couple was always bugged by this but didn't know what to do, nor did they want to hurt their friend’s feelings, so they came up with a plan. The next time their "guests" showed up they picked up all the dishes, took them in the kitchen, laid them on the floor so their friends could see, let the dog lick them clean and then proceed to put the "clean dishes" away.

From then on, problem solved.

So maybe you just need to do something really gross, your friend didn’t realize you did, that would make her not want to eat at your house anymore.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Disillusioned...Good grief...LOL...I want to keep my friendship. Funny though..

I think I am at peace with this now...lucky it doesn't take much to make me happy......I have learnt a little bit more about myself...isn't life grand!

• biometrics
    biometrics

Tell her you're fasting tonight.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Let us kow how things go...

• still thinking
    still thinking

Hi TOTH...I did on previous page..post 4163.

• Silent_Scream
    Silent_Scream

Liver and onions looked declicious!

I know you would feel bad asking them to pitch in, but that's how they will realize and appreciate it shouldn't be all on one person.

There's two sides to every story. Maybe if you were tactful, yet frank, you could see what her side is. If the tables were turned and she was posting on this site, we would all think you were stingy. Lol. Not saying that your exxagerating by any means, just how does she view the whole thing? That could give insight.

I understand your quandary. I'd rather put up with others' thoughlessness than make waves. I'm learning too. Speaking up makes a world of difference.

Glad you've seen progress!

• still thinking
    still thinking

I don't know how she would view the whole thing...I just cant relate to inviting myself to dinner at someone elses house nearly every week for 20 years....or someone giving me hampers worth hundreds of dollars for birthdays and xmas every year because they know I can't afford those special treats and often essentials.....If I thought that was stingy...I would be wondering what generous could possibly be.

• Scully
    Scully

I like the idea of serving something less-than-substantial, and not too costly.

Boiled eggs and toast, or tuna sandwiches. Or keep a carcass from a chicken and make broth with it, then throw in some chopped vegetables (1 carrot, 1 onion, 1 potato and 1 stick of celery - kind of wilted if you have it on hand). Don't add leftover meat or noodles or rice, just broth and veggies.

Apologize profusely and say that you didn't have time to make a big meal / didn't get to the supermarket / have had to cut back your grocery budget but enjoy their company anyway. Or you could comment on how you've been researching dietary habits and are trying to get back to basics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit