You Want a Physicist to Speak at Your Funeral

by Justitia Themis 12 Replies latest social current

• james_woods
    james_woods

I thought that Richard Feynman had a rather nice memorial service.

I also thought it was too bad that Murray Gell-Mann did not attend.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I'm sometimes an INTP and sometimes an ENTP, but I never ever have a J at the end!

I think as I get older I'm more E than I (more extrovert than introvert, for those not familiar with the letters) but it depends....I'm clearly borderline. I think the N is Intuitive (yes I am) and the T is a Thinker (yup!. J is judgemental (never ever) and P is perceptive (I'll own to that).

But the letters don't necessarily mean what it sounds as if they mean, so it doesn't mean that all J's go round judging other people (though an awful lot of JW's do just that!)

Justitia, I kind of like the physicist thing, though I'd rather like to have something else there to balance it too.

EDIT: There are several sites offering this test on the web. Here is one of them.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Meh. The mass/energy isn't what it is about. That is exchanged/replaced many times over a lifespan. The point is the organization of the energy and matter, not the conservation of it. Matter/energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but information can. Neither the energy or the matter matters, but the information contained therein. Entropy is a bitch, so what would Mr. Physics have to say at that funeral?

So is being human the matter/energy itself...or the information contained in an organization of it?

What if we could preserve the information and keep it "alive" in some fashion instead of losing it?

Heat death is still billions of years away.

INTP here. So there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit