I believe I just removed my last tie to the borg...

by TimothyT 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Well thats it ladies and gents. I levelled with the sister who continues to chat with me, telling her i will never return to the organisation and my reasons why. I hope I didnt hurt her but i have done what i could never do and tell her things the way they absolutely are. Here are some quotes from my email to her:

"I don’t ask you to put your loyalty to god before me. I don’t even know why you feel you would need to. It does highlight to me though the authority that you are under, and it saddens me to think that such authority really does destroy friendships and families."

"I managed to explore and uncover some interesting points, some doctrinal, some principle, but most of them talking about our lord Jesus who as Paul says to Timothy is the ONLY mediator between man and God. Clear, concise, contextual, and indisputable. Apart from now I would never say any such things to you because I DON’T want to shake your belief that several in Brooklyn mediate between us and Jesus. If that is what you want to believe then that is your right and I don’t judge you for it."

"I also find it interesting that the very man who started this religion opposed the idea of organisation: "Beware of "organization." It is wholly unnecessary. The Bible rules will be the only rules you will need. Do not seek to bind others' consciences, and do not permit others to bind yours." Zion's Watch Tower , Sept. 15, 1895, page 216. Somehow I doubt you will find that in the WT Library. Interestingly I TOTALLY agree with the founder of the religion. I think he is SPOT ON! I just wonder why it all gradually changed and became so rigid, binding other people’s consciences with principles and laws which do not come from Jesus."

"I have no more time for cherry picking scriptures and twisting them to fit certain religious policies. I think its very disrespectful to Jesus and Jehovah, John 6:68 and Matthew 24:45 being prime examples. I came to the conclusion a while back that the truth is found in the bible and there is no one religion in the world which embodies truth. I still hold to the fact though that your beliefs are your own, I do not agree with them, and I think you have been misled just as much as you feel I have been, but I simply feel it’s a difference of opinion."

I have no idea how my comments will be recieved, likely with tears and sadness. But I seriously think its about time she woke up, or atleast let me live my life without trying to extract the twig from my eye when there is a flippin log in her own. She basicaly has told me that she is cutting the ties and now I will only see her once a month when i clean her windows.

Anyway, im now going to continue getting on with my life, like I should have been. As such, I have nothing else to rant and rave about on this forum. I suspect I will be back to check it every now and then, but SERIOUSLY, I just want to move on now and put this matter behind me. The next stage in the pipeline is my dad and bro being disfellowshipped. I may be back to let you all know. Until then,

See you soon.

Timmy xxx

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Don't feel bad about it. It's her choice for cutting the ties and not your own. She's choosing the org (authority of 7 men) over your friendship.

You can still hope and pray that what you sent her does resonate within her if not at present, perhaps in the future.

You never know what might happen down the road to cause her to start thinking and consider your conversations. Just be open about accepting her back in case she changes her mind.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

A big hug and GOOD FOR YOU!

• designs
    designs

Those final emails with old JW connections are telling. The last few I exchanged with a fellow Elder was him telling me I would be forgotten (meaning after my death at Armageddon).

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well if she decides to cut u off, then she weighed your friendship and found it lacking, compared to the GB. In other words, you are better off

• Jack C.
    Jack C.

Jehovah's Witnesses of today can credit the existence of their organization on a beligerant and hostle takeover of Russell's legacy by one Joseph F. Rutherford; an alcoholicwith questionable credentials and delusions of grandure. Everything from doctrinal changes, door to door work, oppressive personal behavior restrictions on to corperate proceedure was created, twisted and modified and has evolved into the present day Watchtower Corp. Evolution gone amuck due to the mutation of the JFR gene.

• discreetslave
    discreetslave

(((hugs))) it's for the best hopefully she wakes up. Sadly so many don't.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Well done, Tim.

As I said on the other thread, I'm all too familiar with apparent JW friends who simply can't cope with me no longer going along to the KH or out on the field service, because they want me "to have life". They want me to live.

Borg drones simply cannot understand that life will go on no matter what. Those in their 20's and 30's now will still be waiting for Armageddon when they're 85.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"As such, I have nothing else to rant and rave about on this forum."

Well, that's because you just need to apply yourself more! Be more like minimus or Shamus and post threads such as "These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

• socstu
    socstu

Hey Tim congrats on the progress, I sent you a PM :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit