Diseases that force you to violate Jehovah's commands

by rebel8 38 Replies latest watchtower medical

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

Yes, having the RH negative factor in your blood. When I got pregnant I had been in a slow fade for about a year, so still had some influences on me. I found I had the RH factor which usually is not a problem for the first child, but could be in later births, so it is routine to give the mother a RhoGAM injection immediately after giving birth. Not having this could lead to blood related problems for the baby in later births. I found out that RhoGAM is a sterilized solution made from human blood and therefore was forbidden by the Witnesses. Well, since by then I knew what I had been raised in for 25 years was a load of hooey, I had the shot without broadcasting it to my family. (I was remarried to a nonwitness so it really wasn't an issue to us.) The RH negative factor is rare but not uncommon, so I am sure other Witness women have had to deal with this. The only personal experience I knew of was some 50 years ago in our congregation when a woman gave birth to her 3rd child and this was an issue. They wanted to replace the baby's blood with a transfusion which was of course refused. Fortunately the child survived, but had many expensive medical issues that could have been prevented. (She has since grown up, had babies of her own, and last I heard was no longer a Witness!)

And, BTW, to maisha, yes, there are numerous whackos in the congregations when it comes to health care and trying to impose their ideas on others. And the elders telling you that you can't do something to stumble someone else, even if you and your conscience have no problem with it. I was "in" from 1961 till 1984 and saw this all the time.

• zeb
    zeb

Dear Rebel18, The longer I live the more I am convinced there is something in the water in the usa. I am amazed and distressed that some of the 'beliefs' that people come out with only seem to belong there.

I have NEVER heard of any of the mental regulating faecal matter you speak of in Australia and this is a very multi racial country with Bros n sisters from many lands here.

You have my sympathies. Let commonsense be your guide give 'elders' the flick.

• rebel8
    rebel8

maisha,

Wow, how rude of you to call me a liar.

Back at ya. You're a liar.

I really wonder sometimes when reading some of these posts WHY you dream up such stuff. Think about your motive to make such a bizarre claim that you even knew the same people I knew growing up, or that you have even the wildest idea what they did or said.

cheers.

• JWB
    JWB

I wonder if phobias would qualify?

General

Allodoxaphobia: Fear of opinions
    Anuptaphobia: Fear of staying single
    Atelophobia: Fear of imperfection
    Atychiphobia: Fear of failure

Bibliophobia: Fear of books

Satanophobia: Fear of Satan
    Soteriophobia : Fear of dependence on others

Teleophobia: 1) Fear of definite plans 2) Religious ceremony
    Theologicophobia: Fear of theology
    Theophobia: Fear of gods or religion
    Tyrannophobia: Fear of tyrants

Public Ministry

Ambulophobia: Fear of walking
    Amaxophobia: Fear of riding in a car
    Anthropophobia: Fear of people or society

Hodophobia: Fear of road travel

Kinetophobia or Kinesophobia: Fear of movement or motion

Laliophobia or Lalophobia: Fear of speaking

Ochophobia: Fear of vehicles

Scriptophobia: Fear of writing in public

Tachophobia: Fear of speed

Meetings and Assemblies

Anthropophobia: Fear of people or society
    Androphobia: Fear of men

Cathisophobia: Fear of sitting
    Claustrophobia: Fear of confined spaces

Ecclesiophobia: Fear of church
    Enochlophobia: Fear of crowds
    Ephebiphobia: Fear of teenagers

Gerontophobia: Fear of old people or of growing old
    Gynephobia or Gynophobia: Fear of women

Hypnophobia: Fear of sleep or of being hypnotized

Kopophobia: Fear of fatigue

Macrophobia: Fear of long waits
    Melophobia: Fear or hatred of music

Metathesiophobia: Fear of changes

Neophobia: Fear of anything new

Pedophobia: Fear of children
    Peladophobia: Fear of bald people
    Pentheraphobia: Fear of mother-in-law (Novercaphobia)

Symbolophobia: Fear of symbolism

Syngenesophobia: Fear of relatives

Verbophobia: Fear of words
    Vitricophobia: Fear of step-father

(See http://phobialistcom/)

• not bitter
    not bitter

not an illness as such but a JW can't have IVF or IUI as it involves the man masterbating.

• dgp
    dgp

Those phobias would not qualify, Brother JWB. Have you been reading apostate material?

• undercover
    undercover

Another SHIT! disease that forces you to FUCKHEAD! violate Jehovah's commands is Tourette's syndrome

There once was an anointed sister who developed a type of dementia with some Tourette's syndrome mixed in during the last stages of her earthly course of life. She would interrupt the meetings with "Damn!" or "Shit!". But it was all good, 'cause she was a wine sipper...

• james_woods
    james_woods

Would ADHD count? A new study has concluded that fully 1 out of 4 ADHD patients are faking the symptoms to get the drugs.

The drugs used for it are basically amphetamines - dexadrine being a favorite.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

And then there is worst of all diseases that force you to violate Jehovah's commands:

The deadly mental disease of apostacy!!!!

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit