Worst "New" Song

by Slidin Fast 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Song 92 "Preach the Word" has got to be the most sickening song in the new song book. We have had two years to reflect and get used to the new songs so the first flush of outrage and disgust is past.

Now those of us who are still stuck in have to stand and mouth these travesties of an excuse for music. I love singing and can even enjoy singing stuff I don't have much time for. This song though just fills me with disgust. It is like a Disney catchy, shallow tune with lyrics that make me feel physically nauseous. I HATE it.

I nominate this as the bottom of the bucket.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Oh gosh, I cannot physically produce the sounds of these songs anymore. My singing is more like:

"Preach the wuhhhhh... da da da. . . hmm hmmm hmmm... da da dooo. . ."

Awful stuff.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Good thing I don't have to listen to that sxxx. Perhaps those still stuck in the cancer should give the Fifth Dimension's Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In a listen to. Maybe, when the Age of Aquarius actually gets fully here, the witlesses (and all other Christian denominations) will all go down, while people will actually be able to sing much better songs (or, Agenda 21+ will get us all enslaved before then, killing all access to any music).

• MeanMrMustard
  • Sapphy
    Sapphy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vPc070FWgE

Ugh, preach the word with disordered syntax "though preaching may out of season seem..."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit