SECRET LETTER of Watchtower Media Changes!

by TheSnarkyApologist 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Joepublisher1
    Joepublisher1

You know, the flock gets so many conflicting statements from the WTS. (The internet is bad, the internet is good - the end is coming on "insert date", the end isn't coming on "insert date" - the generation means that, no it means this now, etc.) I think many of their members are conflicted. For instance, have you noticed how many young [and even older] JWs are watching the movie: Hunger Games! A film critic [for a newspaper] James. T. Summerhays said this: "Consider skipping Hunger Games". Why? Mr Summerhays pleads:

"It may not be the very first film whose whole premise is about killing children and that graphically depicts several child killings, but it is the very first one that successfully marketed itself as a family film. And the families are seeing it together in droves. In the name of civility, please consider skipping "The Hunger Games."

How else do you explain why so many JWs are seeing a film filled with violence - so much so that a film critic is pleading with people to NOT view it.

• Norman Scott
    Norman Scott

I have read many of the respondents to the “secret letter.” It seems most everyone out there smelled blood and salivating over some red meat. Any of you people out there are vegetarians? I am not a JW, but then I did not see what the fuss is all about? It is no more than a letter of understanding, or a memo being circulated among its members. Thanks for giving me the opportunity to express my thoughts.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

My wife brought home the March 2013 Awake. She found it in a doctor's office reception area.

Sixteen pages and a total rag. At least when I was handing these out like the well trained monkey I was they looked like something that just might be taken a bit seriously. How embarrassing for them.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Norman, it was a big deal because for years we were told at assemblies and that the internet was bad, and now they've turned around and embraced it. I thought at the time and still do, it's about time because that's where most people get their info. The wt was so behind the times on that one.

• Watkins
    Watkins

avengers said:

The Internet is a technology that Jehovah’s organization is using to good advantage to spread the good news to all corners of the earth.

I remember when the internet was in the beginning phase that the WT said that it was from Satan.

How can something what is Satan's be used to good advantage?

No wonder JWs are so mixed up.

Very true. I guess they think they can dance with the devil if they want to - same thing with UN dealings. The internet and the UN are good if they're using them... bad if you or anyone else uses them... hypocrites.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Juila and Watkins nailed it. The WTBTS has demonized the internet since it's inception, even calling it a device of Satan. Suddenly, it's acceptable for them to use.

The fact that the WT leadership cannot maintain a consistent position on pretty much anything important is not only confusing to those trying to be loyal to their insanity, but it is abosute proof that they are most certainly NOT "God's visible organization on Earth."

Jehovah, would have picked the Keystone Cops before he chose these bumbling fools!

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

God is directing them, no wait! He is not, No wait! he is again, no wait now he is not, will they ever decide which end is up? the internet is both Good and bad!!

Welcome Snarkey!!!

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit