WOW! Watchtower week of 3/19/2012

by Sheep2slaughter 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

I was supervised no one has posted anything about today's watchtower study. If I missed the thread and this is a repost...my bad.

Basically today's Watchtower was an attempt at guilt tripping the entire Borg. Except for the most errogant self righteous haughty in the org. More money more service time. The usual.

Article Title: Making Whole Souled Sacrifices to Jehovah

Highlights:

Par 10: While circumstances vary, the amount of time that we devote to announcing the good news often reflects our appreciation for spiritual things.

Par 13: Financial contributions made to support the worldwide work can be likened to a sacrifice, whether we offer much or little.

Par 14: Likewise today, Jehovah deeply appreciates our contributions to the worldwide work.

I could offer my commentary on these quotes but will leave that to you guys!!

• blondie
  • blond-moment
    blond-moment

Reflects our appreciation. Ok, that just makes me want to hurl. Cult speak for, stay too busy to question what we are calling spiritual things. Do more or you just don't care. Arg!

Likened to a sacrifice...now wait a minute here, didn't Jesus get very angry and topple tables for these kinds of "sacrifices" Sheesh.

Jehovah deeply appreciates money. Really? How do they know? Did he send a telegram or something?

sheesharoonie.

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

@Blondie

MAAAANN I really did look but maybe not back far enough. You always do a recap and I enjoy them. Guess I didn't look good enough. Can't wait to read your comments!

• Larsinger58
  • TOTH
    TOTH

When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit! ~The Late Great George Carlin
  • Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Lars is speechless!! That's how bad it is.

I never liked that side of the org - the constant begging for cash.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

isn't this the same kind of crap they fun of Catholics for, making donations is a reflection of your spirituality

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And good thing they keep people too busy to think. Otherwise, they would simply quit sacrificing once realizing that Jesus' life was supposed to be the end-all sacrifice and that their additional sacrifices do nothing more than (1) betray lack of faith in Jesus' sacrifice if one believes Christianity at all, or (2) wastes time and resources if one believes that Original Sin is a scam.

• designs
    designs

The Pope is on his Western trip to rally support for the Church and collect major bucks from donors. Our old Leaders do the same in print and at the conventions, send money money money and don't forget to turn in your Time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit