Great Quotes of Great Minds

by N.drew 62 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I want to hear how they collect sperm from whales.

A messy business. You have to harpoon the whale first. But she is not reading Herman Mellville.

• N.drew
    N.drew

It's not about whales or sperm. I was reading and I found in the book Aunt Erma's Cope Book that what I did on JWN was not bad but it is OK according to Erma Bombeck. So I thought hey! they might listen to Erma. And a got a beautiful butterfly called Talesin! I knew she wasn't a mean girl. I was so confused.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I knew she wasn't a mean girl. I was so confused.

She just had a slight mistranslation in the first law of Robotics.

(Isaac Asimov)

Have you started a literary thread?

• sizemik
    sizemik

I'll give you another quote is that right? It's from the same publication to make it easier.

"The phone rang at the Save the Whale Sperm Bank. . . . N.drew

It's not about whales or sperm. . . . N.drew

To be fair . . . the subject was touched on.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    Have you started a literary thread

I started a thread for Erma. And I thought it might branch out. Erma and I think the same.

• N.drew
    N.drew
    To be fair . . . the subject was touched on.

That is true. I'm allergic to I. Gotta go! Try Google.

• talesin
    talesin

I left high school and mean gurls behind when I was a teenager, and walked out of the KH. The other gurls, mostly, treated me like dirt. I wanted you to see how much MORE you are, Nancy, how much STRONGER you are than you may sometimes feel.

Maybe tough love on my part was misguided and over-stepping. If it was, I will take my lumps and live with it. I hope to see you SHINE, as you have here on this thread, by showing us there is much more to N.Drew.

tal

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Maybe tough love on my part was misguided and over-stepping. If it was, I will take my lumps and live with it. I hope to see you SHINE, as you have here on this thread, by showing us there is much more to N.Drew.

Told ya so, Talesin - but then, what would I know outside of cars and airplanes?

• talesin
    talesin

ps. I love Erma, too, and have one of her books. I remember, when I was very young, she put out a book entitled "If Life is a Bowl of Cherries, then Why am I in the Pits?" ahahaha,,, never forgot that line!

t

• talesin
    talesin

J_W ---- I knew it,, was just pushing her to show some backbone and accountability.

(sorry, Nancy, it's rude to talk about someone like they are not in the room)

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit