What is the rationale given for not listing partakers?

by Simon Morley 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

If I was still in this would a huge deal for me.

Before leaving I was bothered that the WT was saying the number of partakers was dwindling while the facts (worldwide reports) showed otherwise. Could not get an asnwer out of my fellow elders or CO as it was coming up in conversations.

Now the WTBS website does not show partakers for 2011 Worldwide report what is the latest spin? Any still in heard what the Kool Aid is on this topic? I would like to know as we plan to bring this up with family still in.

Apologies if this was a topic already - but it just galls me that they have the audacity to gloss over a fundemental part of the whole End Times/1914/Annointed teaching. Smacks of Romans 10:2,3 as far as I am concerned.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Firstly they really dont give a rat's a** about the partakers worldwide...their teaching that the whole worldwide 'anointed' make up the f&d slave fell by the way years ago...I suspect when some worldwide were disheartened and disappointed with the governing body's rulings....?? They claim that the only 'anointed' who matter are those on the governing body, although how they justify it I really have no idea.

Secondly they are embarrassed by the increase in those claiming the heavenly hope worldwide, which has become huge.

Those are my thoughts anyway.

Loz x

• Gayle
    Gayle

the 'total' partakers is still listed on the 2011 Report in 2012 Yrbook, on jw.org

their contradictions and poor/nil explanations on this issue should be an embarrassment..

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ is more interested in keeping track of and hiding pedophiles..

The WBT thinks many of the people who claim to be annointed are probably Nuts!..

....................;-)...OUTLAW

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Number of partakers was listed in the 2012 yearbook. 11,824. This is what finally prompted the article they wrote last summer that made sure to mention that although the number of partakers is listed.....it may not be accurate. They proceeded to blame any inflated numbers on old and mentally unstable people. They went on to claim that it is not necessary to know the exact number at any one time as it has no effect on Jehovah's grand plan. Basically it amounts to dishonest use of statistics. All through the 80's and 90's when the number was falling....it was proof that the end was near. Now that the number is increasing....the number is suddenly irrelevent.

My honest guess is that this article was meant to pave the way for a future change. Eventually they will stop publishing the number of partakers alltogether. An increase is tough enough to try to explain away. But HUGE increases (imagine if it was nearing 20,000 in 10 years?) would be VERY troublesome. They will eliminate that problem by ceasing to publish the figure and repetitively pounding it into the heads of the rank and file that the figure isn't important.

• mind blown
    mind blown

yes, that's what I thought too OTM....they may have new light soon calling the FSD only a theocratic arrangment like they did in the Unthank court case, just a feeling and guess. It would fit in well, on the heels of their new "This Generation" new light

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

"The WBT thinks many of the people who claim to be annointed are probably Nuts!.."

How nuts do you have to be to claim gods spirit came down and anointed you personally !? You have to be mentally broken in half to convince yourself/lie to everyone about that! I am sure the people that leave with that belief have to ignore the shame that sits in the back of their mind, for they know everyone saw the sham of their deception. Ray Franz comes to mind as much as I respect him for speaking the truth eventually, I am convinced he and others like him turn to other faiths because the alternative is to admit the truth..... god didnt visit you with his spirit and anoint you as a king

The irony is, we all know they are lying, it's themselved they are trying to appease. As you said Outlaw...... NUTS.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

You are entitled to your opinions S&R, even in bold lol, I actually think you sound pretty much like the latest GB stance. 'Let's judge and condemn others just because we choose to refuse to believe or acknowledge them'. I was anointed in 1992. It was as big a shock to me as it was to everyone else. I definitely didn't fit the stereotype and it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, to partake of the emblems at the following memorial. It caused much controversy and gossip for me and even pain for me and my family. Not an enviable position to find oneself. Nevertheless, it was undeniable. It's as real now for me as it was the day it happened, and that's the truth, whether it's palatable or not. Actually it's between me and my god, so, if others don't accept it that's their problem, not mine.

I was disfellowshipped in 2007 but I can assure you that there is no shame sitting 'in the back of my mind'. Plenty for my human failings, but none about that. I never lied about probably the most important experience in my life, god knows it and so do I. With such a perspective, nasty bad minded people hardly figure.

I've since come to understand and learn that many people from all different religions experience an 'anointing' or 'calling' with holy spirit, some quite similar to my own, so I realise that it's hardly unique to JWs at all. Of course as JWs we were taught to dismiss anyone 'outside'. But I don't anymore, I left my judging in the KH. There are some wonderful people on here who share this experience, and if they choose to worship now in a different faith that's up to them, surely? Ray Franz didn't choose to do that, but that was his preference. Far be it for us to judge.

This issue has been discussed often on here and most of us believers have become resolved that some atheists have their own restricted view, but it's their view and entitled to respect. It's not a bad idea to try adopting such respect on a forum like this, however strongly you disagree or disbelieve.

Loz x

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

This really hit them where they didn't expect. They created a new problem, (the number of partakers going up), to fix an old problem, (this system is going to be around a lot longer than their "inspired" magazines predicted. I'm just going to get the popcorn and watch them squirm. It's always entertaining.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If they have removed the figure for the anointed from the online report, maybe this is a prelude to them dropping reporting it altogether.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit