Questions for former elders on Do Not Call

by Kristina1972 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Kristina1972
    Kristina1972

What is the procedure for requesting to be on the Do Not Call list

What happens when someone requests to be on the Do Not Call list?

Does a letter need to be sent each year?

Is the information shared with elders at neighboring congregations?

How do the elders view such requests?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It's just put in the teritory card. and they are supost to go once a year and make sure you still want to be on it. But, they hardly do the teritory once a year so at least were I am it's every few years....

• alanv
    alanv

Since I left 15 years ago, I had not been called on, even though I did not formally ask to be put on the do not call list. This year someone did call as they new my JWQ son and wanted to meet his dad. We had a good chat, but very soon she was trying to get away when she realized there was no chance of a conversion.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just request not to be called on, it goes onto the territory card. Some stupid idiot will call by accident though, it's not fool proof, and the congregations are full of fools.

• Kristina1972
    Kristina1972

Does anyone know how territories are broken down in the U.S.? Is it by neighborhoods or cities?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

Depends on how big the area is. There is one hall to my county, so it is broken up by area, streets, depends on how populated it is. It's a big map of the county broken up in managable pieces. Some halls get all high teck maps....

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When I lived in the City I had a sign on my door..

"No religious representatives"..

I would watch JW`s read it,discuss it,then knock on my door..

I would ask "Did you read the sign?"..

Everyone of them lied and said "No"..

So much for JW`s coming to your door with the Truth..

......................;-)...OUTLAW

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Easiest thing to do is put a sign up that says :

"Jehovahs' Witnesses DO NOT CALL or Leave any Publications.

Please see JWFacts.com"

You might have to whip it down a bit smartish if your Dubbie relatives are going to visit and you are a fader, but the rest of the time that should work.

No reason why you should not write a letter every year if you prefer, but the information about your so doing would not be viewed as confidential, nothing is in Dubbie Land.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Of course getting DF'd for apostasy stops them coming too. They could get infected by Demunz,

• steve2
    steve2

Nowadays, I hardly ever see them out going door-to-door. I recall the frequency and fervor with which car loads of keen young JWs traversed the territory in the 1960s and 1970s, especially in the lead-up to 1975.

In the more than 7 years I have lived at my present address, they have called once: they did not know me, nor I them. They left without knowing me after I simply and politely told them I was not interested. I doubt very much the absence of calls to my residence are because they know who I am - I live in a new district and, although there is a kingdom hall in a neighbouring town, I have seen them out door-knocking infrequently - and then it is noticeable that they are invariably older women. Where are all the children raised in the religion??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit