How to Record a Judicial Meeting

by 00DAD 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Digital-Flash-Recorder-ICD-PX312/dp/B004M8SSZK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332111411&sr=8-1

I have something similar to the voice recorder I linked too above. Every JW related conversation I have either on the phone or in person is recorded. I have already had to hit the recordings twice with “he said/she said” drama between family members. They seem inflamed with anger because the elders cannot touch me. If you simply quit going to meeting and stop calling yourself a JW you can avoid all kinds of elder drama.

But a small recorder like that is very hand and cheap. Mine has a built in microphone and the SD card will hold several hours of nonstop recordings and the batteries last for hours. I actually have two of them, one by the phone at home and one that stays in the car in case of ambush.

If you were planning on agreeing to a JC it would be very easy for a man to slip this device into his jacket pocket it would pickup everything else as well. A woman could easily leave put it in her purse and then leave the purse in the room while the 3 of them had private time to conspire.

• Notreadytorun
    Notreadytorun

Ok so now I actually WANT to be outed so I can play with some spy gear! Maybe I'll just bug the kh library and listen in on a couple of elders meeting for fun...

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

Actually, if it wouldn’t be a complete breach of privacy for those unfortunate souls who get discussed behind their backs during elder meetings I would have done it myself. Those little digital recorders can be setup to only record when there is sounds in the room so theoretically one could be on standby sitting on top of a bookshelf for several weeks without needing any attention… always listening

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

Another deflective statement suggestion:

"Did you bring any recording devices?"

"Well, I was thinking about recording the meeting....why?"

"Recording is strictly prohibited blah blabitty blah blah, baaaa-aa-aa."

"Oh wow, I wasn't aware that was frowned upon. Well I guess we can just get started then."

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Consider one of the new high quality 6-12 hr digital voice activated recorders that work with Dragon software. Olympus makes great thin business recorders that have detachable mikes that can be thread up the spine of a bound volume and left in the hall library for days before a "hearing" ( they also have a detachable telephone mic). A small piece of 2 piece adhesive velcro on the recorder will allow it to be placed under a chair in the library hours (day) before needed, and simply pulled off afterwards. The Dragon Naturaly Speaking software will transcribe the majority of the "hearing" and save a lot of typing.

In any meeting or (job interview) the best stuff is always said after you leave the room "to use the bathroom", or when you come back "because you forgot something".

The best policy is to treat people in such a way that a recording would make no difference in what you have to say.

I had a friend do this during a nasty divorce- he should have wiped it clean and not put his initials on it however......

Lying about recording them is a crime in some states. If in doubt, check with a local attorney in your area . . .

• nicolaou
  • kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I used my mp3 player to record my study. It is the size of a pack of chewing gum and slipped in my pocket. Worked fine.

Concerning the legal matter of this, the literature says that the preaching is a public ministry so I was recording public comments. It turned out that I recorded a lot of personal chatter that I am too gentlemanly to reveal, but the doctrine related "preaching" gave me quite a collection of howlers. I have shared a few of these here and elsewhere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpHPnPkM_Tk

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Why go through all the KWAP

Truthfully, I have faded, if they want to have a meeting with me - they can on their own - I dont feel the need to be present.

What is the big deal , let them do want they want, nothing WE can ever say would change their mind(s)

it's like talking to the Pharisees

Go to the Beach and have a cold one

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I had trouble posting yesterday. You may be liable for civil or even criminal fines in the state in which you reside. Attorney/client privilege protects the clients' confidentiality, not ther lawyer's confidentiality. Clergy/pentinent must run in a similar way. Without actually reading the laws, they probably cover any recording. There may be a difference between recordings offered for evidence of what was said and your own personal notations. It seems unlikely. As far as JW internal rules, courts cannot enforce them. If you are facing a JC, they are probably going to screw you no matter what you do. As with the Conti case, privilege may fly out the window.

New York has a liberal rule. One party could consent. I recorded every business telephone call to have a record. Not for legal proof but for my own accuracy.

So the Witness rules are easily compromised. They are already going to disfellowship or sanction you, what is one more sanction. The state laws seem the problem. Do these laws apply if there is no expectation of privacy? Perhaps. Much govt material is classified and thousands or more know it.

If they were upright, they would suggest recording the conversation so an accurate record exists. This is why court and administrative proceedings are recorded by a neutral party. Recording lowers the high risk of misunderstandings. If a disgruntled Witness tells tales, one would think that the WT would want a record to refute it. Growing up in the WT, when it was much smaller, great secrecy always enveloped everything. I wonder how much is playing cloak and dagger and making this trite business seem valuable in the elder's eyes. Someone with not much power in normal life may love the excitement of the secrecy and the serious consequences he can impose. Venality is also a concern.

As with the pedophile business of calling WT Legal from pay phones, shame is present here. If God is directing you, why be so ashamed. Is not the Bible proof that God's Word is recorded for all.

The Witness processes are so different from regular religions. Anglicans and Roman Catholics priests have canonical lawyers to advocate for them in church trials. The Witnesses trials are similar to ones conducted under the auspices of the likes of Hitler, Mao, and Stalin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit