WT June 15, 2012 - No lasting career in this system

by Designer Stubble 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

iCeltic: Very sorry to hear that.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Well, I may have been around in 1969. I am no spring chicken now. No human's career is lasting. Why not do something interesting during your life span?

What would they do if there were no financial advisers, lawyers, and medical doctors? Architects, engineers, designers of printing machines, no computer builders, no computer science people, no trained artists, no secretaries who knew Word and Excel. No writers who knew English grammar.

No insurance underwriters, adjusters, chemists to find better inks. No pilots to take the GB all around the world.

They could never exist on their own which has to be worrisome if you consdier Armageddon.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

leavingwt - I appreciate that.

• metatron
    metatron

Ambrose Bierce said it best:

"broad-gauge liars"

After 43 years have passed - and disproven their anti-college lie, they come up with the same nonsense AGAIN!

metatron

• Terry
    Terry

Any humane or benevolent leader who argues against preparations for disaster is really an enemy of the people.

Who of us would drive with our hands over our eyes? Then, why would we plunge headlong into our future the same way;

especially because our feckless leaders urge us to do so deliberately blanking out all consequences?

If ever there was a clear definition of an Evil Slave it is the course of action urged upon Jehovah's Witnesses by their Governing Body.

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

I can recall being told as a thirteen-year-old that I ought not to spend much time on school work. It was of no value and Armageddon would be here anyway before I left school. But I did leave school before Armageddon - and became a pioneer - but I also began to read books I shouldn't read. Like Russell's Studies in the Scriptures and Rutherford's crazy stuff. And it all fell apart. Eventually - after being disfellowshipped - I went to university. And I loved it, I did post graduate study. And the University of Durham even supervised my research into the origins of the Watch Tower movement.

Armageddon will be here before I leave school? I've worked a whole career since being told that one and now I'm retired and getting on with a new career as a writer. So what do I think of the advice that the Wise Old Men of Brooklyn gave me? It was crap.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is no future in money--true, but because hyperinflation is going to erode the value of debt based currencies. However, you can work around this by investing in something with intrinsic value or developing a skill you can use for barter. Yes, even buying Tide as currency is better than nothing (I don't, however, advocate stealing Tide).

However, you need enough income to buy the essentials for living. If it takes you 60 or more hours a week to do that, that cuts back on pious-sneering. "You are working unnecessary hours" is rubbish. Most of them are doing this because they need the money to survive or because that's what the work requires, not because they choose to work 60 hours a week. Unless you truly enjoy work, it is a drudgery to work 60 hours a week and most would rather work 40 hours a week. All the more so if you are working a low-end job that pays the equivalent of 2/10 ounces of gold per week instead of a higher paying job, college or special skills required, that earns a whole ounce (or more) of gold per week.

And how many are in fact continually getting expensive items? Things like 1 1/2 meter TVs, cars that can go 300 km/h, big fancy houses, and expensive clothing that is not expensive merely because it is higher quality. Many people get expensive stuff simply because it's higher quality and actually costs LESS when you don't need to keep replacing things. Or, they spend money on better health--one thing I recommend any witless get is a fluoride filter (you will spend close to 300 toilet papers on a good one, and 60 more per insert that lasts 10 Pur filters at 15 toilet papers, and the filter itself outlasts the leaky Pur filters, saving you money in the long run). Do that, and see if your thinking is still messed up that you still want to be a witless.

• shepherd
    shepherd

I went to the 1969 Peace on Earth convention in Wembley. And sadly I always fell for this crap:

" If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years "

Today I see the trickery in the words. In the first sentence they state as fact I would never grow old, but in the third sentence the evidence only 'indicates' it might be. This is how the GB lies their way out of things years later, by republishing the third sentence and saying the publishers ran away with themselves when they believed the 'fact' of sentence one.

How could I have been so gullible? I will never know the answer to that now, but I do know if I ever met a member of the GB I would punch him in the face and not give that a second thought.

I did grow old. And to any young JW reading this I will state as a fact that you will grow old too. Because all the evidence indicates the GB are all liars.

• minimus
    minimus

Their own words kill them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit