WT June 15, 2012 - No lasting career in this system

by Designer Stubble 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Designer Stubble
  • Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

WT June 15, 2012 P23

15 If you are approaching the end of the schooling required of you, you may find yourself in good health and with few responsibilities. Have you seriously considered entering the regular pioneer ranks? No doubt, school counselors sincerely believe that it is in your best interests to pursue higher education and to plan for a secular career. Yet, their confidence lies in a social and financial system that has no lasting future. On the other hand, by pursuing a theocratic career, you will be pursuing truly worthwhile and lasting goals.

Compare this to the well known quote from 43 years ago:

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

Of course most of those who did the University around 1969 are now retiring, if they have not yet retired.

For those currently working is states:

Many of God’s servants today work long hours to care for the basic necessities of their families. Yet, some may be working more hours than necessary. The commercial world is doing its utmost to convince us that we cannot live without its many products and every new model that comes on the market. But true Christians do not want Satan’s world to dictate their priorities.

And for those who have been able to retire and think they can start enjoying life, it continues:

As for those who have retired from secular employment, what better way to use their time than in the pioneer ministry?

I want to scream: CULT

• sir82
    sir82

Hmm...

JW is warned that choosing to attend college is "unwise".

JW heeds "loving counsel", and gets no education beyond what is "required of you".

JW ends up as a Walmart cashier or a night janitor.

JW discovers he can't live on $8.50/hour for 40 hours a week, and so gets a 2nd or even 3rd job.

JW reads WT article condemning workng "more hours than necessary".

And you wonder why JWs are neurotic!

• Gayle
    Gayle

JW option career ad:

Wanted:

Shovel and bury human bones up to 1,000 years.

WTS (555) 1212

• itscrap&theyknowit!
    itscrap&theyknowit!

This is the rhetoric that ONLY A CULT WOULD DISPENSE!!!

That's why I'm 41 y.o. a burned-out brain! At this age, I should be in height of my career! Not trying to attend a college for the next 6 years just to 'start' my life.

The battle constantly with my daughter to make sure that she is FULLY EQUIPPED for THIS SYSTEM!!!! Of course, her dad wants her to full-time pioneer and get a part-time job. She can stay home as long as she serves Jehovah......

.......and she'll be where a lot of 30, 40 , 50 60, 70 year old women are NOW that I no personally.... NO WHERE and MAD AS HELL BECAUSE YOU HAVE NOT A DAMN THING TO SHOW FOR YOURSELF!

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Gayle,

How true. My mom and I watched Terminator films together. She started laughing so hard b/c she said she could see her mom in a truck shoveling up bones. And they call it paradise. False words. It sounds like a concentration camp to me.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Nothing changes:

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15
    "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years . ... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

• ssn587
    ssn587

You will never fill a career as a door knocker, it doesn't pay anything, it makes you pay, with time, effort, money, and loss of a decent life. Hell I mean just what kind of a career is a pioneer, just plain Bs, nothing gained, nothing toward your retirement, and a wasted effort. All that you may accomplish is to make more $$$ for the bitchtower.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

itscrap-I too was feed and believed this crap, turned down the idea of college and have accomplished nothing. It is very frustrating now, to be middle age, and trying to figure out what to do with one's self career wise.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

i absolutely detest what the JW does to people, it's disgusting. it's completely ruined my life by taking my daughter away from me, it's a revolting cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit