Tell me---We all have regrets about being in the organisation,what's yours?

by MsGrowingGirl20 34 Replies latest forum tech-support

• umadevi
    umadevi

I have regrets but not that many as I was 'in' for a few years only. One was that I chose the fake JW friends over my true worldly friends.

• Razziel
    Razziel

I've been able to make up for most of my regrets after leaving. One thing I really regret though is missing out on high school sports, particularly football.

• dinah
    dinah

Listening to a religious leader who said- 'If you have greater love for father, mother, brothers and sisters than me you are not worthy of me'.

They take that out of context I think. Jesus was a rebel and he was breaking tradition. If you love the way things are more than you love the way they should be then take your leave and don't follow me. If you choose to follow me, be prepared to buck the system.

• pirata
    pirata

When I think about being born as a starving child in africa, or back in the middle ages where the life expectancy was 30 years, then life don't seem so bad. :)

Seriously though, I've found ways to pursue my dreams within the expectations of being a JW. The brothers and sisters seem a bit confounded from time to time, but don't say much because I keep up with all "spiritual things". It's tough but possible (but really depends on what your dreams are).

The only thing I think I might regret in the future is not having kids (don't want to raise them in a belief system that I don't really believe), but then again, the world is already overpopulated so not something that terribly worries me.

• maksym
    maksym

Dear MsGrowingGirl20,

I don't really have any regrets. I am at peace knowing that the WT religion is false and I have healed and moved on.

I know that life is short on this earth and that in but a blink of an eye we can die, and any education, material wealth, or temporary happiness can vanish.

But in retrospect I regret that I did not have a personal relationship with Christ all the time I was in the WT religion. Now that I know Christ and He is in me and I am His follower, I can't imagine how life would be without Him.

Since I have found Christ and Christianity I am very peaceful and content. The time I was in the WT religion was an entirely horrific experience spiritually speaking.

I feel great knowing "the truth" now.

Peace

Maksym

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I just regret I didn't know more about the Borg when I left 23 years ago- I would've flipped the bird at them all!

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Some of my regrets.....

Never having the luxury of forming my own opinions. Always having the opinions of men I do not even know in Brooklyn HQ forced on me as 'THE TRUTH'.

Trying my hardest to conform so as to get my name in Big J's book of life & then having 'THE TRUTH' pull from under me when the head honchos in Brooklyn realise they're in a fix & they suddenly have a flash of 'NEW LIGHT'.

Not being able to partake fully in classroom discussions in high school & express MY OWN opinions & feeling forced to take the oportunity to 'give a fine witness' so as not to disappoint the glowering Jehovah........... After speaking to an elderly teacher I met years after leaving school I now realise this made me seem timid, uncooperative & alienated from the teacher.

I never matured in a sexual sense, only now am I finding that another person thinks I'm physically attractive & I'm learning so much from a loving relationship with my new 'boyfriend'. We are both in our late 50's.

I resent the guilt I sometimes feel about fading from the borg & not wanting anything to do with it again.........like somehow despite all its faults the BORG MAY STILL BE RIGHT

• bigmac
    bigmac

wasting my late teens pioneering--late 1960's.

marrying--at 20--to a born-in fanatic--just so i could have sex.

losing my kids through shunning--not being in any contact with grandchildren--6 of them just 8 miles away. i dont even know 2 of their names.

thankfully one son--now 35 has been d/f and we are now building bridges.

i could go on---but ive said it all before.

it amuses me when some members on here take a pop at me because i'm outspoken about people staying in that relgion for fear of losing their family.

they havent got a f**king clue.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I wonder how many young JW's get married bigmac, just so they can have sex & then regret it when they find they are incompatible?

It must be a great many, as 99% of the youngsters I grew up with in the troof that married another Jdub eventually got divorced............especially the young couples who's parents boasted that their offspring did their courting 'scriptually'

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Regrets , I've had a few, but then again too few to mention....... I wish I could sing that with conviction like Francis Albert.

I regret the wasted years which could have been so much happier, I regret not giving my darling kids proper Christmas and birthday celebrations, although we cheated dangerously, giving them presents at least, if the JW's had found out we would have been for it.

I regret the time wasted, that I could have spent contributing to making the world a better place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit