Most Jehovah's Witnesses dont want ex-JWs, dis-fellowshipped, disassociated to be successful!!!

by Joliette 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

Or to acheieve any goals in their life. And how DARE you try to enjoy your life in this sick and demonic world. Dont you know that this world wont be here for long? Why would you skip a meeting because you had to earn a living. Jehovah created the moon, the stars, the sky, so if he did that, he can find another job for you. Why would you want to get a college degree? You wont find a good job anyways, cause the economy is too bad. Why would you want to get married and have children, there just gonna turn out bad anyways? Why would you want a sexually satisfying relationship with someone, your just gonna get AIDS. Why would you date outside of Jehovah's organization? Those men (or women) out there are no good.

I finally figured out why witnesses would say this to me growing up. Its because they want you to stay in your place, and they dont want you to enjoy your life. They want you to be down on your luck, to feel that you can't make it without there 'jehovah.' This is something that I've always tried to erase from my mind, but the more that I spend time away from the kinddumb hell, the more it is apparent. Its sad that people dont want to see their children become successful unless they are successful in the organization.

You cant make this shit up!!!!!

• Alfred
    Alfred

I think some JWs just want to be re-assured that they're not wasting their time going to meetings and field circus... so seeing some ex-JWs fall on hard times gives them some assurance that they are quite possibly in "the truth"... if they see ex-JWs become successful, they tend to explain it away as something that Satan did to make the ex-JW feel good about being a part of the world... it's really pathetic...

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Sadly, you're absolutely right. A more envious, self-aggrandizing, anti-self fulfillment organisation, I have never seen.

PP

• Joliette
    Joliette

You'll get destroyed if you try to have a career in this world!

• d
    d

I agree I think they want us to see us fail so they can say to themselves we have the truth and these were our brothers and sisters. Yeah right.

• Joliette
    Joliette

D, very very true.

Brother and Sister my ass! Not everyone there is bad but overall I know they want me to come back with my tail inbetween my legs. Not in one hundred years! Actually...not ever!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The other thing I had said to me after I left was "but, you cannot be happy !"

They do not believe you can be, away from Jehoober, but little do they know !

I never knew happiness like I have experienced since leaving, not for all my time in the Borg.

I just love smiling and waving at them and telling them "I am doing great !"

• Scully
    Scully

They don't want us to have success, because they want to be able to point at us and say to their children: "This is what happens when you Leave The Truthâ„¢" - they want us to be drug addicts, alcoholics, criminals, living on skid-row, psychotic, etc. to scare their kids off of Leaving The Truthâ„¢.

If we're happy, successful, in good relationships, well-adjusted, doing well financially, how can that possibly scare their kids and keep them in line?

• Joliette
    Joliette

@ Scully, so damn true!

Thank you guys for your comments.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"If someone used to be a Jehovah's Witness, "We must hate in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme active aversion, to consider as loathsome, odious, filthy, to detest." - Watchtower, 10/1/52, p.599

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit