As an ex near witness I have a voracious capacity for reading

by Star tiger 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I have always been addicted to reading. For some reason, reading came very naturally to me and I was able to read quickly many grade levels above my actual grade. My family had no money for books. All we had at home was all the WT lit (from the beginning) and a children's set of encyclopedias. I kept reading it over and over bored out of my mind. My mom took us to preschool library every weekday for special programs. Half my life was spent at the library. I cried when I had to go home.

School was constriciting b/c I was such an advanced reader. I voraciously read young adult lit for those going to college. College was euphoric with reading materials. High school had sappy reading. An entire new world opened up. I spend vast sums on books which is so counter to my early training. The wide open world vs. the closet set of JWs triggers me to this day. When I read a book so well-written, a classic, sometimes I still tear up b/c I realize that this joy could easily be not a part of my life.

I no longer have the deep concentration I once had when reading. Books allowed me to escape the WT while I resided at home and my activities were strictly regimented. My family would screech at me to get my attention. My mom always said an atomic bomb would not get my attention. I love other voracious readers, discussing books with them, and getting suggestions for reading from them. How I wish I had such concentration now.

Reading was once my only link with the outside world. Now I frequently read books about events in which I participated in real life. It is nice to have a blend.

• d
    d

Yes I reading a whole lot more since leaving in 2008. I read Aldous Huxley ,George Orwell ,Kafka and Tolstoy and the Prince . I am reading more science books.

• dyakoub
    dyakoub

I have also become an avid reader. I got my degree in Literautre. I know how pretencious that sound- sorry. BTW, you have a PM.

• mP
    mP

@BandONTheRun

ive found a lot of interesting mythology books by reading a few books.'as always wiki is always a good start to gtrab a few histocial background. the more i look, the more'i learn of the con that'is the bible and jesus.

most of the gospel facts are from what i learnt by reading 'caesars messiah' an interesting book. its not hard us to do an elementary comparison of titus and jesus and notice the srtriking parallels, visits to the same towns in the same order. ive of course given a very short summary, the book shows how each and ever detail in the gospel is matched by titus. another interestingnconjexture is that josephus was the author of the original gospel, which is why i mentioned the joseph of arimathea pun. another point of note is that judas iscariot probably means judas the sicarii - check wiki. there is no place called iscariot. thats right the sicarii were another mob of rebels, just like zealots and peaceful peter who carries a sword, dagger or sicar. if your interested search youtube or buy the book. probably the most imoortant point, is at the time there were many messiahs all who were causing a lot of trouble and war. its bexause of this caesar sent vespasian and titus to cure judea of these daemons.you can also verify for yourself that joaephus himaelf wrote that he believed titus to be the promiaed messiah. the point of tyhe gospels is to replace the jewish wish for a liberating messiah with a peaxeful'one who obeys rome and pays taxes. no roman is ever cruel, wrong, dishonourable in the gospels. in fact we are left with the odd outcome that eceryone blames the jews for jesus seath when he was executed by romans.

a last note the passover / last supper is axtually a joke on the battle for jerusalem. durimg the battle many jews became cannabels, eattimgnthe flesh and blood. the gospel'attempts to paint jews as evil,'stupid and vile.

.'

remember all believers are alqays servants never free followers'of god, allah etc. the basic summary ofmthis is that we are slaves of god and his establishment on earth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit