Theists, why does God allow suffering..

by The Quiet One 754 Replies latest watchtower bible

• maksym
    maksym

Cofty,

I'm curious to do research on my own concerning your theory of design but for now what you are asking is completely off topic and against forum guideline number 10

Sorry Quiet One. My response to your question is posted above.

• cofty
    cofty

god does not say why but he does say that IT does cause suffering.

Sorry I don't follow. Who or what do you mean by "IT"

We are not talking aboout suffering that happens as a result of anybodies actions, we are talking about suffering that inherent in its design. The animal kingdom is "designed" to suffer.

• ziddina
    ziddina

And rather than using the tedious process of posting each photo/illustration, I think I'll just post a few links, so I can toddle off to bed...

On this thread, the illustrations show a gradual progression from simple to more complex automobiles...

http://www.ausbcomp.com/~bbott/cars/carhist.htm

On this website, going down to the single illustration at the bottom of the page, one can see how the wagon became an early type of a different "life-form", being modified into a primitive automobile...

http://uh.edu/engines/engines_of_our_ingenuity-display_episode.php?episode_number=1596

And here's a pretty good 'pictorial' timeline of automobile development - evolution...

http://www.yourdiscovery.com/cars/timeline/

And you can look at many other human inventions - computers, weapons, indoor plumbing/toilets, refrigeration, air conditioning, and on and on and on, and find the same EVOLUTION underpinning human efforts to create the objects we use.....

Even though humans "build" and "create", their "creations" follow the EVOLUTIONARY progression - moving from simple to more complex; moving from fulfilling a simple need [a basic wagon-like structure] to adapting to more complex conditions [greater speed, highway systems, safety factors, anti-pollution factors], JUST AS WE SEE IN EVOLUTION OF LIFE FORMS...

Humans are inextricably TIED to this EVOLUTIONARY progression - EVEN IN THEIR 'CREATIVE' PROCESSES!!!

Zid

• cofty
    cofty
    I'm curious to do research on my own concerning your theory of design but for now what you are asking is completely off topic and against forum guideline number 10 - maksym

On the contrary I said it was off topic and asked you to address the topic of this thread which you still fail to do.

Incidently when you put "theory" in bold as if you are making a point you only display your ignorance of sceince. Gravity is "only a theory".

How many books about evolution have your studied maksym? I mean books written scientists. If you would really curious to do your own research here are a few suggestions.

"The making of the fittest" by Sean B Carroll

"Evolution, what the fossils say" by Donald Prothero

"Why Evolution is true" by Jerry Coyne

"Your Inner Fish" by Neil Shubin

"The Greatest Show on Earth" by Dawkins (summary of some of it here)

"Life Ascending" by Nick Lane

Now back this topic. If the natural world reveals god's "invisible qualities" what does that tell us about your god?

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

cofty wrote Sorry I don't follow. Who or what do you mean by "IT"

God does not have a penis or a vagina, many referre god as He and I think that's wrong.

• simon17
    simon17

I sometimed wonder if theists get their natural history fom Walt Disney.

Even there you'd see Bambi's mother die a very cruel and painful death. Oh wait, was that because Fallen Man started the forest fire, nevermind.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Thanks again to all who replied. I'm hoping that someone can provide a good reason as to how a loving God can watch a baby elephant be torn apart by hyenas without anyone to save it..having already built the hyenas to do such things. Would you do that if you had the power?

• maksym
    maksym

Your Welcome Quiet one,

Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Matthew 5:8

Pray and you will find the answers.

Peace

Maksym

• cofty
    cofty

Pray and you will find the answers. - maksym

That is as hilarious as it is disingenuous.

Why can't you be as honest and humble as Tec who admitted there is no answer?

• caliber
    caliber

If animals didn't suffer, there could be no ecosystem, and no way for man to benefit from animals (food, clothing, etc.).

To judge if a human's life is more valued than an animal is a moral judgement for God to make

How many of us feel sorry for the life of a turkey taken for us to enjoy thanksgiving ? ...

Being humane is still important however

humane (see synonym and pronunciation notes at human ).

Synonyms

1. merciful, kind, kindly,kindhearted,tender, compassionate, gentle, sympathetic; benevolent,benignant, Antonyms
    1. brutal. having a balanced view is important Is the term "mercy killing" a contradiction or does it make some measured sense also ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit