Those who still show up at the meetings, How do you manage?.

by Mr Facts 76 Replies latest jw experiences

• bigmac
    bigmac

very true cofty---but i cant fathom how any MAN--the head of the household----can continue with the charade of attending meetings if he simply doesnt believe the lies anymore---if he stays away--and backs up his stance with common-sense reasoning---then he has a slim chance of rescuing his family from the clutches of this evil religion.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George
    then he has a slim chance of rescuing his family from the clutches of this evil religion.

key word, slim.

• PYRAMIDSCHEME
    PYRAMIDSCHEME

Very slim. And really what business is it of yours, bigmac, how someone handles their fade? If they choose to put up a pretense to save their family who are we to judge? Very few who leave are able to take their families with them. And those who are personally involved know better than we do if it's even a possibilty. Let them handle it how they will and leave the JW judging crap alone.

• openmindnow
    openmindnow

Adding BIGMAC's comment to my trash heap of bad advice I've heard from people, during my lifetime tendered without thought to how it affects those it's offered to. Now to talk about the thread.

Going every once in awhile is extremly boringgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg, I have a hard time listing to the drones and stage barkers putting on there shows. its not entertaining at all, well maybe abit entertaining. However I like to look around at those in attendance now and try and figure out who else is also just going through the motions. I don't comment, I don't go out in service, I'm not on the school and the fun part for me is how that drives the elders crazy!!

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

When I returned for a few months at the behest of my fiance' I would have to take at least two walks around the neighborhood during the meetings. I told everyone my back hurts and I needed to stretch my legs. Somtimes I went out and had dinner at the Salvadorian restaurant accross the street. sometimes I smopked pot in the car just so I could stomach all the shit I'd be swallowing when I went back into the hall. My fiance' would give me this look like, "I know where you've been! you don't have a back ache." But sitting through those meetings was torture. Absolutely unbearable. I couldn't imagine going back. Just the dumbest collection of people I could imagine. Their dumbness was actually apparent on their faces. They may as well have had a big tatoo on their forehead that said, "I AM DUMB." Everybody seemed to have slobber running down their faces too. Thaty much slobber I have never see in one place. Drool literally falling, dripping off the lower lip of every single person. Except for the infants. They didn't drool. They were asleep.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Like many, my long term plan is fading. Of course, I don't have any kids. Even so, I do believe there is more than one right approach.

In the Personalysis paradigm, this is not an aggressive enough stance for acting Reds, not the One Right Approach for the analytical Greens. But for the adapting Yellows or the accessing Blues (such as myself), flexibility and alternatives are the desired approach.

As men, Blues and Yellows, might not leap out of plane, yell "Booyah!", and guzzle a beer on the way down. Sometimes one has to be strong as an oak, but an inflexible approach can easily topple. Like Paul Atreides says in Dune, "I will bend like a reed in the wind."

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I wonder if some of us were parents of older children in a situation where let's say, your son was attending meetings even though he didn't believe in it any more, in fact was philosophically opposed to the religion believing it was a harmful cult, and there were gransdchildren involved. Would you sit your son down and say, "Son, I am proud of you for playing this game and not speaking your truth boldly in the face of opposition." Or would you say, "Son, I always raised you to speak truth to all men, but especially your wife and your children. you must set a good example for your children and show them how to stand up for what they believe in even when it is the hardest thing to do. don't play their game son. Have integrity. Be a man of honor, not a man of deception."

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I know someone who stayed under the radar, for his family. He got them ALL out. Was the slow painful fade worth it for him? I would think so. There are many reasons people stay under the radar.

I personally couldn't do it, my eyeballs would roll so hard they would fall out of my head, but then again, I've already lost all my family. I was a WT orphan while still a believer, I was just inactive. I don't have to lose them again now that I am full blown awake, they already avoid me like I am a leper. Except my mother, she just sends emails to preach at me from time to time about how close the end is.

I have tremendous respect for those who put themselves thru that, in order to help their family, however they chose to help their family.

• sparki1972
    sparki1972

i was going to the local cong for a period just because i had a court order to see my kids which included me having to take them. i couldnt bear to sit and listen to the drivel from the sunday meetings to the point i wanted to scream at them and say this is all lies!!.. luckily i decided enough is enough and no longer take my kids as i dont want them thinking this rubbish is true.

• stillin
    stillin

I enjoy making comments that reflect a little brainpower. I can't connect them to my wonderful field service because I don't have any, but I enjoy making comments that make people go "Hmmm."

Yesterday while everyone was commenting on how whatever the holy spirit says to do they DO, I said that if the angel Gabriel had informed Joseph that he was going to have a baby he could have rightly been concerned. We are all appliances with different power needs and we do different things.

After a little twitter....silence.

I love it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit