Inherited a 130 year old violin

by barry 4 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

I inherited a 130 year old violin from my mum that was owned by my great grandfather. I am learning to play it with some success as my teacher says I could pass preliminary and first grade now. I have only 10 lessons under my belt so far but it is getting hard now. Its just a lot of practice and vibrato is hard to do with older fingers not filling to be flexible.

I just tried today to get back in here with my old ppassword which I thought wasn't working. I tried it in upper case and got back in after a few years. So lookout Im back. Barry

• JRK
    JRK

Welcome back barry!

Hey, just have fun with the violin! I played in school, and just got a six string electric violin to mess around with a few years ago. Music is fun, don't sweat that you have a perfect vibrato.

JK

• Quandry
    Quandry

Sounds great! I used to play when I was in school....many years ago. I thought when I retire I might try it again. Check out Sarah Chang on youtube. I don't have any idea to make a link here.

Practice makes perfect!

• Diest
    Diest

This reminds me of all the stuff I said I would learn in the new system...Good for you for doing something you wanted to do in this life.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Do you know the name of the maker?

I know somebody got an old violin that had belonged to her Grandfather. It looked pretty crap, so she took it to be done up by a violinmaker so she could sell it.

he got it out of the case, and his hands began to shake. it was a 16th century italian worth over $200 000.

Stuff the lessons and retire in style if you can, Isay.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit