That Old Favourite: "What Would Jesus Do?"

by BroMac 13 Replies latest jw friends

• BroMac
    BroMac

we've all heard it, usually in response to something somebody thinks we shouldn't be doing.

"would jesus do it? probably not - would he condemn me if i were to do it? probably not. Matt 7:1 ? so why are you judging me?"

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

I think its a good expression to use and apply. Hehe.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Using the "what would Jesus do" works against all religionists who try to force their opinions and rules on those of us who are just not interested, but if we use it as Tim says, as a kind of guide for our own actions, we would not go far wong if we can get an answer. The problem often is that 21st century moral dilemmas are not that easy to answer sometimes.

If we live by the Golden Rule as far as our fellow humans are concerned, we will do the least harm.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Amen!

I wish the JWs would base their teachings around Jesus. Things would be so much more pleasant!

• irondork
    irondork

... and less complicated.

• freetosee
    freetosee

Tim: I wish the JWs would base their teachings around Jesus. Things would be so much more pleasant!

true!

• Sulla
    Sulla

You mean, like, raise the dead and feed multitides with just a couple fish? Take away the sin of the world? Start a church? Not sure that's a rational goal...

• freetosee
    freetosee

You mean, like, raise the dead and feed multitides with just a couple fish? Take away the sin of the world? Start a church? -No

Not sure that's a rational goal... -Surly that's not a rational goal!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Somebody saw my car the other day and told me that Jesus would be driving a Prius.

• designs
    designs

I try not to use it when in Synagogue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit